ideas please!

Options
tiffiemariee
tiffiemariee Posts: 19 Member
Anyone have any good, and by "good," I mean "tasty," recipes for healthy shakes that are high in protein and/or fiber? I'm not very creative, and I don't like things that actually taste like fiber. I need something healthy that tastes like a strawberry smoothie or an orange julius. Thanks!

Replies

• ameyer410
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms makes an awesome Mango Protein juice, I have been using it as the basis for a lot of my smoothies.

I have a smoothie for breakfast almost every morning, I get a lot of fiber throughout the day and try to concentrate on protein in the morning, but here are some ideas:

-Scoops of protein powder, vanilla or strawberry, although chocolate works oddly well with a strawberry or blueberry fruit blend!

-I used to make a protein/fiber smoothie with skim milk, frozen blueberries, a bit of juice for sugar, a scoop of protein powder, and 1/4 or 1/2 cup of rolled oats. Sounds odd but blend it up and it is thick and rib-stickingly good! You have to use some sweetened juice or honey, or it may taste too "healthy" for you (at least it does for me, haha)

-Use rolled oats for easy calories and fiber. REALLY helps keep me full

-Protein powders are great, I tend to find that the vanilla one makes my smoothies more tasty. My go-to smoothie is a base of an Odwalla/Bolthouse juice, a cup of kale, frozen strawberries, and a scoop of protein powder.

Hope this helps...if you need more ideas hit me up! :)
  • clay1976
    clay1976 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1 cup of frozen strawberry , 1/4 cup oatmeal, 1/2 frozen banana, 1scoop of chocolate whey protein and 4-5 oz of water depend how thick you want the shake. ( some time i also put some kale inside)
  • twhit24
    Options
    Have you heard of Shakeology before? They are just coming out with Tropical Shakeology flavor, supposed to taste like Strawberry Starburst. I drink the Chocolate Shakeology every day. Very yummy and a total meal replacement, let me know if you need more info.
  • tiffiemariee
    tiffiemariee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!