its ok to eat raw peppers, rightt?

Options
xSophia19
xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
Ok this is random - but i just wanna know; eating raw peppers, just like an apple, is ok to eat isnt it?! I can eat like 3 a day! I know its a fruit, and healthy and blah blah blah but im just double checking im not doing any harm to my poor body?!

A friend told me be careful, as eating too many peppers will give you stomach cramps =/.. Is this true?!

Thanks in advanced :smile:

Replies

• _persephone_
    _persephone_ Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Nah, it's fine, don't listen to your friend...you haven't actually had any cramps, and you eat far more peppers than most people do, right?
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Nah, it's fine, don't listen to your friend...you haven't actually had any cramps, and you eat far more peppers than most people do, right?

Oh phew, I think my friend was talking out of her bum :tongue: .... yeah I probably do eat far more peppers than most people! :laugh: Im hooked on them! I crave peppers!!! Seriously! :blushing: :love:
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I love eating bell peppers as well -- by themselves, or with hummus or onion dip.

If you eat three a day, your Vitamin C levels are *excellent* -- one pepper is something like 400% of your daily recommended intake. Linus Pauling would be proud ;)
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about bell peppers? Banana peppers? Jalepeno peppers? All are healthy but probably depends upon the person and the pepper whether or not it will make you sick. Don't "do your body harm" but could cause a bad case of diarhea!!! I love banana peppers and eat tons of those when they are in season. Jalepenos, on the other hand, give me a bad case of the cramps. My dad could eat the flaming hot ones and never phase him eating them or after. If something makes you sick, don't eat so many and see how it goes. Hmm? This has made me really hungry for summer and those awesome sweet banana peppers!!
  • xSophia19
    Options
    I love eating bell peppers as well -- by themselves, or with hummus or onion dip.

If you eat three a day, your Vitamin C levels are *excellent* -- one pepper is something like 400% of your daily recommended intake. Linus Pauling would be proud ;)

Woah, reallly?! That is freakin awsome!! Thanks for that haha! Defo keep eating them now :bigsmile:
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    perfectly fine. I like to stuff mine with tuna....really good
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Peppers are a fruit? I thought it was a vegetable. Who knew?:laugh:
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Are you talking about bell peppers? Banana peppers? Jalepeno peppers? All are healthy but probably depends upon the person and the pepper whether or not it will make you sick. Don't "do your body harm" but could cause a bad case of diarhea!!! I love banana peppers and eat tons of those when they are in season. Jalepenos, on the other hand, give me a bad case of the cramps. My dad could eat the flaming hot ones and never phase him eating them or after. If something makes you sick, don't eat so many and see how it goes. Hmm? This has made me really hungry for summer and those awesome sweet banana peppers!!

Bell peppers! I have never heard of banana peppers?, jalapeno peppers?! Ive been eating bell peppers for the last week or soo, and ive had no stomach cramps or anything as of yet =) But i just wanted to make sure they are OK for the body, just incase i end up in hospital or something, from a pepper overdose! :laugh:
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I would rather shy away from the Scotch Bonnet or Habanero..
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Power to the Pepper eaters!!
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Peppers are a fruit? I thought it was a vegetable. Who knew?:laugh:

I think they are fruit, because they have seeds in them.. I got told a vegetable didnt have seeds in them, but fruits do =)
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    They give some people heartburn. That's about it. I love eating all kinds of peppers and eat them as often as I can, especially when they're on sale!
  • xSophia19
    Options
    perfectly fine. I like to stuff mine with tuna....really good

Yum yum! Me loves Tuna! Thankyou, will defo try this!! :love:
  • xSophia19
    Options
    They give some people heartburn. That's about it. I love eating all kinds of peppers and eat them as often as I can, especially when they're on sale!

Ahh right, I've had no heartburn as of yet! :laugh:
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Peppers aren't a fruit? They are a vegetable... O.o
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    nom nom yes! I love them raw in salads.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

Botanically a fruit, nutritionally a vegetable. Just like tomatoes and squashes (and some other things).
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    If we're talking bell peppers, chillies then both are categorised as fruit.
  • xSophia19
    Options

Oh really, now I look like a right dumbass. Lmao! :blushing: