Easter desserts?

Options
megbar1979
megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
Hi everyone, I need some ideas for some relatively low cal Easter desserts that I can take to work on Sunday for our potluck. Thanks!

Replies

• megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I need some ideas for some relatively low cal Easter desserts that I can take to work on Sunday for our potluck. Thanks!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I have a yummy cheesecake recipie that you could probably lighten the ingrediants so that it is healtheir (really not sure how healthy or unhealthy it is right now, but I guarantee it's not as bad as restaurant cheesecakes).

The recipie is at home, if you send me a private message as a reminder, I could probably send it to you when I get home later.
  • bugmagnt
    bugmagnt Posts: 150
    Options
    Another idea is the "diet Soda Cake" -- see page 3 of this recipe section...
    I have always made the regular cola version (Sundrop cake), and for Easter, might make the lemon version (lemon cake mix, lemon pudding, lemon-lime soda). My DH and rest of family loves this cake.. so moist. Quick and easy to make too! And, lots of great suggestions in that post to make it low fat. I also like to make mine in a bundt pan, and found with just a little graze on top, it tastes great -- no need for heavy frostings!
  • lisavvip
    lisavvip Posts: 6
    Options
    I just ate a pumpkin citrus pudding:
    1 can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling - just plain pumpkin)
    1 pkg fat free vanilla pudding
    1/4 cup orange juice
    1/2 cup water
    zest of orange
    1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spices (clove, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg - all to your taste)
    blend it all together, let it set in the fridge for 2 hours, serve with 2 tblsp light coolwhip.

Makes 5-6 servings, about 110 calories per serving.

YUM!
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I just ate a pumpkin citrus pudding:
    1 can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling - just plain pumpkin)
    1 pkg fat free vanilla pudding
    1/4 cup orange juice
    1/2 cup water
    zest of orange
    1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spices (clove, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg - all to your taste)
    blend it all together, let it set in the fridge for 2 hours, serve with 2 tblsp light coolwhip.

Makes 5-6 servings, about 110 calories per serving.

YUM!
    This sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing. Do you know if it's okay to make it a day ahead and it still be the consistency you'd want?
  • lisavvip
    lisavvip Posts: 6
    Options
    Sorry I didn't get back to you, it did work out for me - same consistency even two days later :)