It's one of those days

Options
It's one of those days where I feel like stuffing my face. normally, when it's like this, I'll go to the high school track and run.
But I'm at my aunt's house, there is no nearby high school, and it's pouring rain with lightning and thunder.
I tried to chew gum, but I dislike gum VERY much.

How do you beat the days when you just want to eat all day?
I ate, like, 3 hours ago, and I already want to eat a lot again...

Replies

• cellorocker
    cellorocker Posts: 290
    Options
    It's one of those days where I feel like stuffing my face. normally, when it's like this, I'll go to the high school track and run.
    But I'm at my aunt's house, there is no nearby high school, and it's pouring rain with lightning and thunder.

How do you beat the days when you just want to eat all day?
    I ate, like, 3 hours ago, and I already want to eat a lot again...
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    PLAY THE CELLO! If that's you in the picture. Haha. Keep yourself as busy as you can by doing things that keep your mind occupied. i can't say what those things are, only you know!

Also, drink lots of water.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    chew some celery
    chew some cabbage
    brush your teeth for 5 minutes
    gargle some mouth wash or salt water
    do deep breathing exercises
    wash your hair
    clean the bathroom
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    chew some celery
    chew some cabbage
    brush your teeth for 5 minutes
    gargle some mouth wash or salt water
    do deep breathing exercises
    wash your hair
    clean the bathroom

:frown: Don't clean the bathroom, let someone else do that! Try cleaning the windows instead. No one EVER cleans the windows.
  • cellorocker
    Options
    LOL, I already considered the cello part, but I have to ride the train home, and couldn't bring it as a carry-on, and there's no way I'm trusting AmTrak with my cello in the luggage section, where people just toss their suitcases... *shudder* So no cello with me over Spring Break. :cry:

I'll try drinking some water, see if it helps.
    Or I'll call my friend and talk to him. He's really anal about talking to someone on the phone and having them eat, so I don't do that around him.
  • terri0027
    terri0027 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you ate 3 hours ago you very well may be hungry again. Try eating a small snack...carrot sticks, celery, low fat string cheese. Eating about every 3-4 hours and keeping it around 200-300 calories each time helps me fight the munchies.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    You should eat something every 3 hours. Try allotting around 200 calories into two 100-calorie snacks between breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of anyone that doesn't like GUM!!!! LOL
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of anyone that doesn't like GUM!!!! LOL

:laugh: , I hate gum as well......dunno why, it's just ewwie! people say the same thing, never met anyone who don't chew gum, now you know two! :tongue: :laugh:
  • cellorocker
    Options
    I ended up eating some yogurt, it was yummy and it was too calorie-killing.
    I'm a little scared at the amount of coffee I'm drinking though.

And yes, everytime I mention I don't like gum, people always go "OH MY GOODNESS. I've never met someone who didn't like gum.