Need some accountabiliy

I'm new here, although not new to the whole calorie-counting thing. I know it works- I just have a hard time sticking to it. Mostly because, when I eat something bad, and force myself to log it, I feel guilty, and I hate that.

I've been a pretty normal weight most of my life, but in the past three years, I've gained 40 lbs that I can't seem to lose. I've been riding in the truck with my trucker husband, and i love traveling all over the country. The big downside is that we often see nothing but fast food for days in a row. The other is that we've discovered all kinds of delicious food all over the country, so we tend to indulge whenever we come across it. (Southern BBQ- I'm talkin' about you!) Exercise is also extremely difficult. I try to go for walks, but we often don't park in places that are safe to walk in. Of course, I don't always walk when I can, either, so I'm not doing everything I can.

Anyway, I'm starting fresh, and hoping I can do better this time, especially if I check in here often.

Replies

• good start by checking in here! keep yourself motivated, that seems to be my hardest challenge. take a walk when you can, and just think 40 lbs 40 lbs! it works for me!
  • Thank you! I think it will help to be around other motivated people. I have to remind myself that I've lost nearly this much weight before, and it wasn't that hard, once I got started.