Eating Disorder Help

Options
2»

Replies

• DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Reading your post brought tears to my eyes, because I have been there--right where you are at. I remember being to the point where I was afraid to tell anyone because of what they would think. I dropped hints sometimes, hoping someone would figure it out and force me to stop. I held it in until one night I just tearfully blurted out that I had been purging my food for almost the past year.

To my utter shock, people threw their arms around me, took me to doctors, and gave me the emotional support I needed. I guess picking and choosing the people you will go to is big in your first step to recovery--I imagine being judged or criticized in that situation would be devastating. If you are coming to us then you are ready (if not almost ready) to stop. You might find a great support system here, or wherever you need to find it. I am not going to tell you how to try and fix this, because I think everyone's struggle with this is deep down, unique and personal. What I will say is that you will know what you need to get better, just try not to be afraid to reach out and grab it. It was brave of you to put it out there the way you did on a forum.

You have a long road ahead of you, but it's doable. I know my post isn't full of you can do it! But I don't sugarcoat when it comes to a situation that is all too real. I will tell you that once you are past the worst of it, life gets a hell of a lot better. I wish you the best of luck and lots of strength. :flowerforyou:
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Please find someone you trust in your personal life to confide in. Even if you have to find a therapist that you trust, it's important because you will not be able to live forever this way. If you want to live, make the commitment to begin living again today.

Good luck and our thoughts are with you.
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Are you in school? Can you talk to a counselor or advisor?
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options

I am so glad there is a support group on here. I wish you the best of luck. Remember you are so worth it!! Love and big hugs!!! :heart: Sue
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about eating disorders but I do know this: You are very courageous to share your problem with all of us. Don't stop with a forum post, find someone in person to talk to. If you can't find a family member you feel comfortable with, find a trusted friend. If you can find a professional, all the better.

You've already taken the first (huge) step... take a few more and you will find a way to live healthy. Thanks so much for sharing.