snacks 50 cals or under

Replies

• Hardboiled egg without the yolk. (17 calories and 5 grams of protein)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
    ahh i have to eat the yolk. i love them! i can't have a egg with out it! :)
  • lin7604
    3,2,1 CAKE (AS I CALL IT 42 CALORIE CAKE) TAKE ONE BOX OF ANGEL FOOD CAKE AND ONE BOX OF ANY CAKE MIX OF YOUR CHOICE MIX THE 2 CAKE MIXES IN A ONE GALLON FREEZER BAG AND THEN FOLLOW THESE STEPS -- 3 TABLESPOONS OF CAKE MIX, 2 TABLESPOONS OF WATER, THEN 1 MINIUTE IN THE MICROWAVE.. ITS REALLY GOOD! ADD SOME NON FAT WHIP CREAM OR FRESH FRUIT! ENJOY! :smile:

ohh that sounds yummy..
  • 50 calories is not a lot to work with, but try cottage cheese and sugar free jello mixed. Use about 1 cup of set up jello and mix it with a fork to break it up...add some low fat cottage cheese and mix together. 2 ounces of 2% cottage cheese would be 45 calories and the jello is only 10...I make batches of jello and put them in individual plastic cups and keep them on hand. I use 4 ounces of cottage cheese (90 calories) per 1 cup or 1 1/2 cup of jello and they keep me full for awhile. I try to use Jello that has a lot of flavor...like cherry. If you are desperate, you could use 1% cottage cheese and increase the ratio of jello. Good luck!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Sugar snap peas are my new favorite. I get them in a bag pre-washed, and a big pile is only 35 calories. Total win.
  • shrimp cocktail 3-4 w/ cocktail sauce
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Cottage cheese is a great idea. I usually have a half cup which is fairly filling for 80 cal. I know thats not 50, but its only a little over. It is hard to find a snack that makes difference under 50 cal. Maybe try kettle corn.
  • Minature pitta bread
    Small handful of dried fruit
    Air dried popcorn
    Half a cereal bar (save the other half until tomorrow)
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    kiwi is under 50!
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Fruit, sugar free jello, scrambled egg whites, yogurt, rice crackers.

If you are truly hungry, 2 scrambled egg whites is less than 50 calories and has protein so it will make you feel more satisfied.
  • bump I wanna come back for ideas later
  • If you want a banana as a snack, I wouldn't let the 40 calories over change your mind. No one got fat eating bananas.
  • navygunner
    navygunner Posts: 36 Member
    I go for apples (small size), grapes, tangelos, cuties (small tangerines). If I reeeaaallly have a candy craving 1 or 2 hershey kisses.
  • bump
  • Celery is my personal favorite!
    Also a small few slices of apple, some berries (blackberries are my favorite), or carrots :)
  • I do a tablespoon of popcorn, popped in a brown bag in the microwave. Then spray with no fat/no calorie butter spray. Oh, 2 Tablespoons is about 110 calories.
  • Freeze dried Fuji Apple with Cinammon from Costco. Love them. One bag is 35 calories.
  • lin7604
    excellent ideas, keep them coming! thx
  • DinaRobin
    DinaRobin Posts: 61 Member
    Slices of red pepper take a while to munch through and feel more than 50 cals but aren't.
    Oat cakes are under 50 and quite filling.
    Snack a jacks.
    Raisins
    Crab sticks
    Bread sticks
    Sugar free jelly
  • MissYogapants
    MissYogapants Posts: 106 Member
    One small apple.