NIKE+ FUELBAND

Options
Has anyone been able to get their hands on one? I REALLY need a HRM that counts calories as well. Thoughts, suggestions, comments? If not Nike+ Fuelband, what works for you??

thanks

~mgillette

Replies

• cyn2555
    cyn2555 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I got one as a gift and I am thinking of returning it.

It is not a HRM but apparently measures your activity through an accelerometer within the band. If you don't move your arm a lot through an activity it will think you are sitting in a chair. This is really crappy if you like Spin class. I went to a 60 minute Spin class yesterday and it calculated my calories at 179. I ran for 30 minutes today and it calculated my calories at 450.

I want something that will accurately calculate my calories and I don't think it did for my spin class or my morning run.
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It looks AWESOME. Very high cool factor, flashy lights and slickness. I actually got on the email list for an availablity alert.

However....

After looking at actual HRMs and reading more about the limitations of the Fuelband, I'm going to pass and opt for a real HRM/Calorimeter - not something that tracks NikeFuel(TM), some kind of Nike-created, proprietary calorie substitute.

Hoping to get an ePulse2 for my birthday. :drinker:
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I heard of this not too long ago, and I'm all for this and any other device that gets people interested in fitness. Nike's a big name (compared to FitBit or whatever), so maybe it'll catch on with more people? Like Pogs or Tamagotchis back in the day.

But for me, I just ordered a Polar FT7 (decided I didn't need to spend the extra for a Garmin Forerunner when I'm not planning to run outdoors). I'm just interested in plain ol' calories and BPM.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I heard of this not too long ago, and I'm all for this and any other device that gets people interested in fitness. Nike's a big name (compared to FitBit or whatever), so maybe it'll catch on with more people? Like Pogs or Tamagotchis back in the day.

But for me, I just ordered a Polar FT7 (decided I didn't need to spend the extra for a Garmin Forerunner when I'm not planning to run outdoors). I'm just interested in plain ol' calories and BPM.

I love my Polar FT7.