New Scale Help

Options
Lozze
Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
I just bought a new scale and am having issues with it.

It's a brand new battery so this isn't causing it. It's on a flat surface. It keeps coming up with an error about not being able to read body water composition. It won't tell me my body fat. And it changes weight EVERY time I step on it. (I'm trying to get the composition and it stops working so I keep getting new numbers)

Replies

• bkbabe99
    bkbabe99 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Which scale is it?
  • bkbabe99
    Options
    Are you making sure that you bare-footed and placing your feet properly on the metal area? I have a scale that measures body fat, water, etc and if I'm not standing on it correctly, it will have an error message.
  • bkbabe99
    Options
    Reading the reviews it seems as others have had this problem as well with that scale.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Are you diabetic? I've heard stories about diabetics having problems with scales like this - probably due to restricted blood flow in the feet.

I'd recommend you return the scale and get something simpler and more reliable like the Eatsmart Precision Plus. It only gives you weight, but it's a solid and accurate reading. Fancy things like body fat are all just guesstimates unless you have them measured professionally anyway.