Family Friendly Dinner Ideas???

Options
I love to cook and experiment with new recipes, but recently, I feel as though my healthy eating is pushed me into a food rut. I would love some suggestions for family friendly dinners to try (I have a 4 year old, 3 year old and 1 year old). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    We have a 3 and 6 yr old. They eat much of the same as me. What kind of things does your family like.

We do stir fries with lots of different meats and veggies. I will put mine over Shiritaki noodles, and regular for he rest of he family. Soups and chillies are popular here. I also do alot of fish with steamed veggies.

I will often have a slightly modified version from my kids to keep it a little healthier, as my kids meals are higher in calories because they are under weight.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My kids enjoy chili and I usually make a meat with a site of veggies. I am not a huge fish fan, but my hubby and two of my kids love it. I also like to do some stir fries, but I am always open to new stirfry recipes!
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to follow recipes, but my stir fry is any veggie that looks like its on it's last breath, some meat, or tofu, garlic, lots of it, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sometimes a little peanut butter if I've been craving it, over noodles.

Other family friend would be stews, like chilli but more gravy like, and I do a chicken pot pie stew. Just like chicken pot pie without the crust.

Pita pizzas, or home made individual pizza where everyone does there own toppings, I load up on veggies.

Quesiddillas, I load mine up with grilled veggies first, a sprinkle of cheese, lots of salsa, he kids chicken, cheese, a few veggies.

Since I have been changing my eating habits, I've been doing alot more 'build your own' items. We did sushi rolls the other day, I skipped the rice., wraps, pizza, items where I make the main entree, usually a meat, and lots of side where I skip he higher fat and cal items.

If you are making fish for the family, you could just another substitute, but keep he sides he same.