Do men really enjoy receiving gifts on Valentine's Day?

Options

Replies

• ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Everyone...man or woman likes to be made to feel special...might want different things than us but still think most men enjoy it as much as we do!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I do not but play along, because I would not want to spoil the night of passion I know is coming.
    :flowerforyou:
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Every man is different--mine really likes getting gifts. I always try to find unconventional things that he really wants, like tools, electronics, etc. We both spoil each other.
  • TattoodTemptress
    Options
    i cannot wait for tomorrows valentines day.......ive been together with my man for 15 years and although we both know what we mean to one another its always nice to read a card or receive a gift hes chosen for me.......
    and i of course make it nice for him too.......heheee
  • ihern6334
    ihern6334 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed reading everybody's ideas. Love them all! I've always been a sucker for Valentine's Day and even if hubby doesn't like it I buy him at least a little card or leave him a note. Last year I did a little collage with all our dating days pictures and wedding pictures and I was 4 months pregnant then so I put in a little ultrasound pic of our lil boy. This time around I'll play a little prank on him and send him flowers and balloons to work..he'll get the kicks out of it cuz he's known to be a big joker around his office!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Here is my list of things I would want for valentines day. Also, I don't really need a card. Its cute and sentimental, but I feel like I have to get one in return.

*ex
    Take me to the hardware store and go pick out any tool you want
    handy
    blow - wile playing video games
    want to try coming in the back door?
    You can have that beer and watch all of the aliens moves, even the really stupid ones.
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Well that's a surprise
  • Nbentz214
    Nbentz214 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    He honestly doesnt really want or expect anything ONLY because V-Day happens to be my birthday as well. I always give him a card and some type of candy and he insists that i dont & he feels bad that I am giving gifts on my bday haha. This year i ordered him an Edible Arrangments to be delivered in the morning tomorrow. Instead of the whole Valentines Day theme to the arrangment, I personalized it to be a GOLF theme (his obsession). As usual, he will pretend to be mad at me for spending any money on him, but he will love it! =)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    no. we enjoy receiving gifts any day of the year.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I prefer dirty, dirty gifts.

But seriously, we are happy with gifts anytime.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Honestly, mine likes gifts more than I do and it's also more important to him that we go out and celebrate.
    Personally, it's just another day to me and I am far too practical to really get into it, but I try to be enthusiastic about it for his sake anyway.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Last year I sent a mug from 1800flowers to my mister, it had little amber colored beads in it, and carnations on top, so It looked like a mug of beer. Also a few balloons, chocolate covered strawberries, and a teddy bear to his work. He was so embarrassed, but he enjoyed getting something at his work like girls always do.
  • ihern6334
    ihern6334 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Last year I sent a mug from 1800flowers to my mister, it had little amber colored beads in it, and carnations on top, so It looked like a mug of beer. Also a few balloons, chocolate covered strawberries, and a teddy bear to his work. He was so embarrassed, but he enjoyed getting something at his work like girls always do.

Awesome! So nice!
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    I am getting my guy a couple of golf shirts and a card. He will get some boom boom also because we will be in a hotel room up in Philly. He has to travel for work and I am going with him. I will give him a nice foot and body massage. Yesterday he didn't have to cook the entire day. He was able to mess with hooking up his electronics the way he wanted. I cooked dinner for him and the girls. Also made cupcakes for his daughter to bring to school.
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I like to buy my other half gifts (and he loves receiving them) this year he is getting 3hrs worth of tattoo vouchers, am cooking a lc 3 course for us and have decided to leave post it's all around our home saying each little thing I love about him.
  • artargeros
    Options
    A good steak day is pretty common! The combination day is truely a rarity!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    i usually dont get anything from my man whether i get a card or chocolate for him or not...but then when i call him on it he says he was "going to" take me out for our anniversary (the 25th)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I like gifts that are orally implied.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • aprilshowers262
    aprilshowers262 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'd rather just have a meal at home and a bit of cuddle time once the kids have gone to bed..

My favorite "day" of the year is "Steak & BJ" day..

Nice.

I love me a good steak..
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    The Gentlemen's Rant: Valentine's Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPqDD5ABk1s