Fitbit

Options
Hi

I wanted peoples advices on the fitbug it seems expensive and I didnt want to pay the costs if all it is a step counter,

I am really wanting one for my birthday but couldnt really ask my family to chip in for something that I am not that sure about.

Does anyone on here use one??

Thanks in advance

Replies

• cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit and LOVE it. It motivates me to be more active both in number of steps and number of stairs. The website is great too because it syncs with MFP and allows me to know how many extra cals I should be eating on days that I'm more or less active than average.
  • kaikoi47
    kaikoi47 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow, i have had my fitbit for about...oi going on a month now. As the reply before me i love it. i really do. it shows you how active you are, and because it links with MFP, it shows you graphs between your intake of food and output of energy. it is a great device, some are upset that it doesn't' accurately record distance, but in the long run i ask them, do you know walk more attempting to get those numbers up? Fitbit is a great coach in doing that. if your think about it, we as human safe competitive creatures. weather it is with others or with ourselves.

because i am competitive, on my LAZIEST days, i at least try to get the "calorie burn portion of it above the 100% that is shown on the Fitbit website. but on a GOOD day, I go as far as between 150%-200% with my fitbit on. i make it my mission now to take the stairs, walk up hills, and just GO! If my count isn't to where i want it to be by 4pm, i get my butt up and go for a long walk or jog. something, because i don't' want to jyip myself.

:) i completely say go for it.
  • bridall
    bridall Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for 2 weeks and I really like it.

It makes me more aware of how active I have been through out the day. If I haven't go to my 10,000 steps by the time I've finished dinner it really motivates me to go for a walk.

I also love the way you can't accidentally tap it and reset the number of steps for the day back to zero, that used to so annoy me with standard pedometers.
  • rachellouise84
    Options
    Hi guys

Thanks for your replies there seems to be also some good reviews on amazon,

Sounds like I shall be investing in one too.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options

She did an excellent job explaining too! Very useful info!
  • rachellouise84
    Options
    Update:

I have since brought a fitbit and now have to wait for it to come through the post, so exciting now.

This will be interesting to see some results

Thanks for the information guys