what do you do when you cycle to work and your sweating?

Options
2»

Replies

• slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky enough to have showers but If I'm in an office without them, I tend to try and borrow someone's gym card that's near to work. Failing that I do the wet wipes option talked about above. It works well enough, just take some aftershave too, that will mask everything!

Out of interest how far are you doing? In miles if possible! :)
  • jhooper92
    Options
    "Jersey Shower" (anyone watch jersey shore? lol)

ha funny enough i do watch jersey shore :) good show, YEAHHHHH BUDDDY
  • jhooper92
    Options
    I'm lucky enough to have showers but If I'm in an office without them, I tend to try and borrow someone's gym card that's near to work. Failing that I do the wet wipes option talked about above. It works well enough, just take some aftershave too, that will mask everything!

Out of interest how far are you doing? In miles if possible! :)

im going to be cycling about 6-8 miles depending where im coming from. reading all these posts above have some very good ideas, i only work in a little newsagents and funny enough we sell all of these items so i would be able to keep them there and not have to trek around with them. the only problem is the roads are mainly all 60 mph until i hit the villiage where it is 30 and tbh im actually a little scared i will get hit :S
  • kevkiev
    Options
    In the absence of a shower at work, here's the best tips that I have heard

- use a shower at a nearby gym
    - take a change of clothes for work
    - ride in shorts and t-shirt to stop getting too hot
    - Have a wee armpit wash in the sinks at work, or use baby wipes

One tip I haven't seen on the thread is this... Try and get to work 5-10 mins early and sit outside to give your body a little time to cool down. Many people don't really start to sweat until they finish exercise. So, rather than walking straight into a heated office, give yourself a little breather, have a drink. It can really help. But it does involve being a little early for work - which can be hard.

For everything you need to know about cycling to work, visit www.ridein.co.uk