So excited!!

Options
As of today I have lost 40 pounds! I started at the end of last May and never imagined it could be so easy!! Anyways, just had to share my excitement!!

Replies

• LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    As of today I have lost 40 pounds! I started at the end of last May and never imagined it could be so easy!! Anyways, just had to share my excitement!!
  • shuttletat
    Options
    Woo Hoo!:drinker: :flowerforyou: Congratulations!!! Fourty lbs. is awesome!:drinker: :drinker: You're doing great. Keep up the good progress!:flowerforyou:
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's wonderful!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, that is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Too cool!!!!
    Good work!
  • kaleohone
    kaleohone Posts: 86
    Options
    Great Job!!!! Congratulations on your hard work and determination.
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    awesome job :drinker: :flowerforyou: Keep up the great work :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    That is really fantastic. Did you lose all that weight just from being on this website? I keep telling people how great it is.
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    I did lose it all from being here. It's really held me accountable and seeing other people's successes has really kept me motivated!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Betting you can chase down those shoplifters much better without that 40!! :wink: Congrats!
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    that is great. can't wait to start posting double digit wt lost myself. I look up to people like you and so many on the site. Thanks for giving me the strength to do it.
  • kmkimmie
    kmkimmie Posts: 6
    Options
    awsome job .....:smile:
  • farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hey congrats!

Did you lose it steadily (like 4lbs a month) or did you lose most of it within the first few and then slowed down?

Do you exercise regularly?

Thanks!
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Congratulations!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I love to see that you thought it was easy. This site really does make it easy, and I never thought it could be that way.

Good luck on your next fitness goal! :flowerforyou:
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    congrats to u thats amazing, did u have some bad weeks r has it been consistent were you very strict, great news:flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    I plateaued between September and December...part of that was slacking on my part and part was the holidays and part was b/c I slowed down my running (got lazy) so I fluctuated between 166 and 169 for a good part of 3 months which was really frustrating, but I knew deep down that I was doing it to myself. Mid january I picked up running again and the eating and mindset followed almost immediately. So yeah, I had some bad months...!! I lost pretty consistently though before and after--if I didn't lose any one week, the next week I'd lose 2-3. So I've learned patience in this process as well as healthy eating and exercising. I do splurge and eat out or cave if I'm craving something, but I don't beat myself up over it at all.

I do exercise and at the moment it's just running. I'm in the throws of training for a half marathon in May, so all my focus has been on that--with the goal of not dying!! :D

Anyways, thank you all for the nice comments!!! Part of what's great about this site is knowing you're not doing it alone!! :flowerforyou:
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    This is an inspiration on my way to losing 55 lbs. :wink:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! That's wonderful.
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yeah,Congratulations!!!!!!!!:noway:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!