One year ago

Options
We went to NYC last April and I was looking at our pics and thought I would share.

It's amazing what a difference one year can make. Last year, I felt tired all the time, very self conscious and to be honest, I felt really old at only 32. I always sat around thinking that I could never lose any weight and I resolved to myself that I would just continue to gain more weight as I got older. I think that it was at this point that I finally accepted and loved every curve on that size 14 body even if it did sit a little heavily on my 5'1 frame.

It was only then that I thought "why not love myself and actually try to get healthy? " For anyone out there that is starting out and think that you can't do this, trust me you CAN!!! I have nothing but respect for every single one of you, my Fitness Pal family :wink:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Replies

• willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    We went to NYC last April and I was looking at our pics and thought I would share.

It's amazing what a difference one year can make. Last year, I felt tired all the time, very self conscious and to be honest, I felt really old at only 32. I always sat around thinking that I could never lose any weight and I resolved to myself that I would just continue to gain more weight as I got older. I think that it was at this point that I finally accepted and loved every curve on that size 14 body even if it did sit a little heavily on my 5'1 frame.

It was only then that I thought "why not love myself and actually try to get healthy? " For anyone out there that is starting out and think that you can't do this, trust me you CAN!!! I have nothing but respect for every single one of you, my Fitness Pal family :wink:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: You look awesome!!! Congratulations!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Great job! What an inspiration!
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is fantastic! Congrats.
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    Thank you for posting!!! You are my exact height, age and size in your before...and you have lost my goal amount of weight! I am so encouraged by your after!!!
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    Wow, You look great and even more important I bet you feel a whole lot better:smile:
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I was happy reading your story and I broke in to a smile when I saw your smile. AND LOOK AT THOSE GUNS!!!
  • kaleohone
    kaleohone Posts: 86
    Options
    Congratulations....Mahalo for your story of success. It is truly inspiring.
    I know I can reach my goal too....
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    awesome story and you look that way also awesome:drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: Great Job :bigsmile:
  • christylindsay
    Options
    Congratulations and Thank You for your story! It is inspirational and made me a bit emotional! I am new to MFP but you have made me a believer!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much, it means so much to me to be able to share my experience and hopefully show that with the help of this website and old fashioned diet and exercise, anything is possible. You will be at your goal in no time, I found that losing it slow and steady worked for me.

I will be here cheering you all on every step of the way. I have been nervous about trying to maintain and stay on track but I know that with the help of MFP and you guys that we can do it :wink:
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    OMG! What a difference you look fabulous!
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    What a transformation. Thanks for sharing your pics and your success with all of us. Good for you!!