Pledge

Options
flachix
flachix Posts: 256 Member
As of this moment I pledge to be responisble for my own actions,
I will not blame or use as an excuse my family or friends or co-workers for my eating.

it was in front of me, I didn't want to hurt their feelings by saying no, my friends insisted, It was a party, are not excuses for improper diet. I do not need a lick, taste, or bite of something that is bad for me. I am a grown up.
I will expect everyone to be supportive of my chosen lifestyle, but will not be surprised or disappointed when they are not. I will not give into sabataoge, or peer pressure. I can say no. if it offends people...tough.

I will be prepared at all times by having healthy alternatives available.

I will not eat empty calories, I can live without a cookie. I cannot live with out good nutrition.

I will exercise as often and as strenuously as possible, and I will not use it as an excuse to eat more. I will find excuses to exercise more, not excuses to miss.

I will look in the mirror every morning and be proud of who I am and what I am accomplishing. I will believe I am beautiful, for the mirror will reflect my soul.

I will offer no apology for doing what is necessary for myself. If it inconveniences others, or makes them feel uncomfortable in anyway, that is not my issue. I have a right to good health and I will not be denied that right by "well meaning friends".

I will become the very best woman I can and continue to grow in both self-worth and spirit.
I deserve it, I am worth it, and shall allow nothing to stand in my way.
RJ

Replies

• flachix
    Options
    As of this moment I pledge to be responisble for my own actions,
    I will not blame or use as an excuse my family or friends or co-workers for my eating.

it was in front of me, I didn't want to hurt their feelings by saying no, my friends insisted, It was a party, are not excuses for improper diet. I do not need a lick, taste, or bite of something that is bad for me. I am a grown up.
    I will expect everyone to be supportive of my chosen lifestyle, but will not be surprised or disappointed when they are not. I will not give into sabataoge, or peer pressure. I can say no. if it offends people...tough.

I will be prepared at all times by having healthy alternatives available.

I will not eat empty calories, I can live without a cookie. I cannot live with out good nutrition.

I will exercise as often and as strenuously as possible, and I will not use it as an excuse to eat more. I will find excuses to exercise more, not excuses to miss.

I will look in the mirror every morning and be proud of who I am and what I am accomplishing. I will believe I am beautiful, for the mirror will reflect my soul.

I will offer no apology for doing what is necessary for myself. If it inconveniences others, or makes them feel uncomfortable in anyway, that is not my issue. I have a right to good health and I will not be denied that right by "well meaning friends".

I will become the very best woman I can and continue to grow in both self-worth and spirit.
    I deserve it, I am worth it, and shall allow nothing to stand in my way.
    RJ
  • His_Kelly
    His_Kelly Posts: 248
    Options
    I second that! :smile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I am a puddle of tears reading this.

This is the attitude that equals success.

May God Bless you, your attitude and your endeavors. .:flowerforyou:
  • twinightash
    Options
    We should post that somewhere you'll look at every morning and read it before starting your day... very good words to go by :flowerforyou:
  • ruthie70
    Options
    just what I needed to get going in the right direction this morning! Thanks!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I printed it out. I need alot of reminders some days. Keep up the good work.:drinker:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    AMEN, SISTER!

I used to have a mantra that I used to talk myself out of tempting situations; I would just say to myself, "I can make healthy choices." (I still use it, actually.) It helps.
  • MIDGEKIN
    MIDGEKIN Posts: 113
    Options
    That was great!! Thank you!!:drinker:
  • throughHisstrength
    Options
    Thank you so much. That's going on my fridge along with a sign that says then answer is NOT here!! I really needed to hear that this morning to remember that it's only up to me. I got this way by denying myself and I will change it by listening to myself.:heart::smile:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I would like to quote pam0206...

Amen Sista'!!!

I too will print this out an hang it where I can see it as a reminder.
    Just what I needed this morning...

Angela :bigsmile:
  • RunningRatty
    Options
    THANK YOU. :smile:
  • sledge4
    sledge4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Very well spoken!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :happy:
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Excellent writing!

You hit the nail right on the head.

I put it in my weight loss binder in the motivation section!!

Right on,:glasses:

Connie Lynn
  • flachix
    Options
    You guys deserve all the credit. Your support and knowledge has really helped me to understand, I contol me. Thanks:blushing: