VENT-a-palooza...

Options
Manda86
Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
Warning: this is a thread venting about a particularly heinous night at work - sunshine and rainbow-beams not included. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be back to my usual cheery self.. :grumble:

I help manage the restaurant I work at - we close at 10 on weekdays. Tonight was like every other night - it was slow, so the restaurant was closed by 9:45...I was just about to close my registers down and had already sent the only other waitress home. Than the owner's daughter decided to come in with 8 of her closest friends, help themselves to bottle beer, order pitchers from me, and eat their SUBWAY at my bar while ashing their cigarettes all over and dirtying the ashtrays I'd just washed. One of them tried to order a coke, to which I replied, "Sorry, I've already closed down my drink station."
He said, "So, the bar's just still open, then?"

I told him that not only was the drink station closed, technically the bar was too. He asked if I was keeping it open because I was nice, and I had a nice little sarcasmosplosion that I suspect cost me.

Not ONE of them left me a freakin' dime, and I was almost an hour late in leaving to make the 20 minute drive home to be with my husband.

*head explodes*

If I liked my boss any less, I'd have turned in my keys and made tonight my last night.
We're definitely due for a chat, however.

*deep breath*

kay, that was a little cathartic... hope nobody got vitriol-burn.

Manda:heart:

Replies

• Manda86
    Options
    Warning: this is a thread venting about a particularly heinous night at work - sunshine and rainbow-beams not included. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be back to my usual cheery self.. :grumble:

I help manage the restaurant I work at - we close at 10 on weekdays. Tonight was like every other night - it was slow, so the restaurant was closed by 9:45...I was just about to close my registers down and had already sent the only other waitress home. Than the owner's daughter decided to come in with 8 of her closest friends, help themselves to bottle beer, order pitchers from me, and eat their SUBWAY at my bar while ashing their cigarettes all over and dirtying the ashtrays I'd just washed. One of them tried to order a coke, to which I replied, "Sorry, I've already closed down my drink station."
    He said, "So, the bar's just still open, then?"

I told him that not only was the drink station closed, technically the bar was too. He asked if I was keeping it open because I was nice, and I had a nice little sarcasmosplosion that I suspect cost me.

Not ONE of them left me a freakin' dime, and I was almost an hour late in leaving to make the 20 minute drive home to be with my husband.

*head explodes*

If I liked my boss any less, I'd have turned in my keys and made tonight my last night.
    We're definitely due for a chat, however.

*deep breath*

kay, that was a little cathartic... hope nobody got vitriol-burn.

Manda:heart:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    That was awesome to read, even if it did have big words (and you made that one up didn't you?)

I work with the public so I totally get your frustration.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I hope you're feeling better today Manda. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    snot nosed self indulgent, self righteous nasty kids, just piss me off.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: today is a new day, and I actually love kids, just not bratty ones! :grumble: :happy:
  • Manda86
    Options
    Talked to the boss today - he assured me it was never going to happen again, and I feel much better. She's a senior in college and is graduating this summer.

She outdid herself doing damage control last night/this morning, though - apparently I'm a liar and a thief. Did I mention she helped herself to a company check while she was there?

I wish it was only her, it seems that most college kids in this town are the same exact way, though. *harumph!*

Hope everyone's having a lovely day, mine's certainly improving.

:flowerforyou: Manda