Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My first NSV!!!! :-)

My work pants that I normally wear are a size 16 (US)... I also have a size 18 which were too big that I stopped wearing about a week ago! My size 16's were a little big in the but and thigh area so I wanted to see if I could find a size 14 to fit me better. I went shopping and picked out 2 size 14 pairs of pants as well as a size 12 for the he11 of it. The size 14's fit me well and I was very haapy wuth them. Just out of curiosity, I tried on the 12's - - - - - - THEY FIT!!!! I am so happy! It's not even like I had to squeeze myself into them!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    That's an awesome NSV!!!
  • HotKanye
    HotKanye Posts: 103 Member
    I think this calls for new pictures! Let's see those pants!
  • That's awesome!! Congrats!
  • ccb1030
    ccb1030 Posts: 84 Member
    Awesome!!! You're doing so well. Keep up the good work! I haven't attempted to buy new pants yet, I just keep cinching down my belt tighter (I'm cheap!). One of these days I'll have to give in and spend the $, so maybe I can follow in your ranks :)
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Yay!!!! I'm an 18 now. A few of them fit tighter than others, but my 18's this morning were definately looser than they were. I can't wait until I can go buy new work pants. Take some pictures!!!! =D
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    What a great feeling!
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    LOVE IT!!!
  • GREAT JOB!!! Keep up the good work:
  • I'm so happy!
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    What an awesome NSV! Congrats!!!!
  • I can't wait til that happens to me. I told my husband that when I get to goal (another twenty pounds or so) I will take him to Victoria's Secret so he can help me pick out all new undies! Then of course, to a regular store for clothes. He was all for it!
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    I'm so happy!

I love your picture!!! Gotta love StayPuft!

Thank you everyone for the encouragement! I will try to take some pictures to post!
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 821 Member
    Could someone let me know the definition of NSV. I've seen it referenced many times in the forums, never with it spelled out. I think I have a pretty good handle on what it means (when oneself or others notices a change in one's body size), but can't figure out for what the letters stand. It's starting to drive me crazy.... :smile: Thanks...
  • Yahoo! <belly bump!> . . . While we still can! Good job!
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 409 Member
    GREAT JOB!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
  • scatgash
    scatgash Posts: 101 Member
    'Non Scale Victory' :3
  • I googled it and found on some obesity website that an NSV is a non-scale victory. I'd define it as a fringe-benefit to changing your lifestyle and droppin' 'em pounds!

An NSV is normally attention and remark made about a positive change in the way you look, but NSV's are everywhere. And usually catch you by surprise!
  • Could someone let me know the definition of NSV. I've seen it referenced many times in the forums, never with it spelled out. I think I have a pretty good handle on what it means (when oneself or others notices a change in one's body size), but can't figure out for what the letters stand. It's starting to drive me crazy.... :smile: Thanks...
    Non Scale Victory. I wondered when I first joined, too!
  • bcsrule
    bcsrule Posts: 51 Member
    Awesome NSV, it feels so great when that happens!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!