neeed some advice

Options
i got 2 weeks to be able to run a half mile ad a decent pace how should i go bout doing it

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    What's a decent pace?
    What pace do you run it now?
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    What's a decent pace?
    What pace do you run it now?

This and why only 2 weeks? If you are doing a marathon or 5K or something like that you should have probably started training a while ago...
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    a job fitness test

just a half mile

i was told i dont have to run fast.. im couriuous whats the best pace for manageing your breathing.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Start with a slow pace and see what you can do, go from there. Couch to 5k programs may help you, or a modified version if it, though it is designed to get you running 3 miles in 9 weeks.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    a job fitness test

just a half mile

i was told i dont have to run fast.. im couriuous whats the best pace for manageing your breathing.

1) "best pace for managing your breathing" is personal
    2) I can run all day at about 165 bpm, with occassional spikes for hills up to 190 bpm, but that's me and I wouldn't necessarily suggest that for you
    3) you only have 2 weeks, start training now, map out a quarter mile from your house and walk it out and back tonight. start with a warm up walk tomorrow and then jog on and off what you can. Set a goal for yourself to get to a specific point and then set a new one the next day that's a few step futher. The limitation here is that you only have 2 weeks and you don't know your own paces yet, it took me a year of experimentaiton to know my run.
    4) keep telling yourself "it's only a half mile." Part of it is going to be mind over matter, and having a can do attitude.