Foods that make you feel Full

Options
Hi Guys,

I am looking for foods, snacks, etc. etc. that you have tried that help with hunger. I always eat oatmeal in the morning. It is really good with helping me to stay full. What foods have you guys tried that seem to stick with you longer? Please help.....:noway:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    More protein helps me.
    Egg White omelets with lots of veggies and Low Fat Popcorn are my go to snacks.

http://www.canadianparents.com/article/100-family-snacks-under-100-calories
    Here is a site that has tons of low cal snack ideas.
  • fuzzybear123
    fuzzybear123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt..
  • CoachAnneMarie
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    'egg whites scrambles with a low fat string cheese and spinach leaves
    Reeses shake (made with chocolate shakeology (www.shakeology.com/fitwit)and PB2 fat free peanut butter (bell plantation,com)
  • kdrew67876
    Options
    If i'm looking for something to make me feel full without using many calories at all I boil a couple cups of water and add a couple chicken broth (bullion) cubes. The warmth of the chicken broth keeps me satisfied between meals and usually one cube only has 5 calories
  • seahorsewahine
    seahorsewahine Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am testing out a new breakfast... My old one used to be crustless spinach quiche which always did the trick in keeping me full...with protein and not carbs!

New breakfast to mix it up a bit - is steel cut oat breakfast bars that I make from scratch.

steel cut oats
    wheat germ
    walnuts
    craisins
    peanut butter
    1 egg
    applesauce (to moisten)

I bake them and cut them into 9 pieces (9x9 pan) I have added them under "Generic-Stell cut oat bars"

Yummy and filling. And steel cut oats are much lower on the glycemic index than other oatmeal.
  • sarvissa
    sarvissa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Add ground flax to your oatmeal, yogurt, etc. The fiber really helps keep you feeling full.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Fat and Protein works for me.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have two eggs and a slice of double fiber wheat toast (80 cals) almost every morning. Works for me.
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am testing out a new breakfast... My old one used to be crustless spinach quiche which always did the trick in keeping me full...with protein and not carbs!

New breakfast to mix it up a bit - is steel cut oat breakfast bars that I make from scratch.

steel cut oats
    wheat germ
    walnuts
    craisins
    peanut butter
    1 egg
    applesauce (to moisten)

I bake them and cut them into 9 pieces (9x9 pan) I have added them under "Generic-Stell cut oat bars"

Yummy and filling. And steel cut oats are much lower on the glycemic index than other oatmeal.

These sound super yum! What measurements of each ingredient do you use?
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    'egg whites scrambles with a low fat string cheese and spinach leaves
    Reeses shake (made with chocolate shakeology (www.shakeology.com/fitwit)and PB2 fat free peanut butter (bell plantation,com)

I was wondering were you get PB2? I love the butterfinger shake, but reeses souns yummy also.

Green beans if you like them are filling and really low calorie.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    If i'm looking for something to make me feel full without using many calories at all I boil a couple cups of water and add a couple chicken broth (bullion) cubes. The warmth of the chicken broth keeps me satisfied between meals and usually one cube only has 5 calories

i think you need help.
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thank u everyone for your input! Very helpful!!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I came here to suggest 1/2 a cup of beans (I like fat free refried and black best), but since this is a breakfast post, I'll swap that with a little bit of carbs, like some 45 calorie whole wheat bread and some fat free cottage cheese.
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I will definitely add beans to my lunch and dinner. Thanks!
  • kdrew67876
    Options
    In response to "Minadeathclutch"

if im on a 1500 calorie a day plan, and I eat 500 cals for each meal and im still feeling a little hungry i make myself some chicken broth to keep me full by only going over my calorie limit by 5, in what sense do I need help? In case you didn't read the original post correctly, the user asked for foods or SNACKS that keep you full.
    Jumping to conclusions doesn't help anybody, so please don't assume you know anything about me.

Silly me, I thought this was a motivational site where individuals help each other, rather than other users being completely ignorant and disrespectful.
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bjfrezell
    Options
    I do greek yogurt with fresh blueberries. I also do egg beaters and laughing cow light cheese. And sometimes I'll drink an extra cup of skim milk with breakfast to get the extra protein. The more protein I added in my breakfast, the more full I felt throughout the morning. Hope it helps!
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, Greek Yogurt, Eggs, Scrambled eggs with cheese, cottage cheese, my glass of milk with chocolate whey protein.

Generally any source of protein is going to keep you feeling full longer.
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    MMm just thinking about these foods is making me hungry. I agree with everyone on here; Greek Yogurt, eggs, milk or soymilk with whey protein, grilled or baked chicken breast, and honestly just drinking lots of water. Lots of water and green tea just helps my stomach feel good no matter how much food is in it.
  • ashley67203
    Options
    I sometimes eat a peanut butter and banana sandwich for breakfast. They make me so full I have to remind myself to eat later in the day.