The diet foods you can't live without

Options
I'm bored with many of the foods I consider staples in my dieting journey and looking to spruce up the cupboards with some new things. What are some of the healthy foods that fill you up and taste good that you can't live without?

Replies

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Wasa Crisp n' Light 7 Grain crackers: These crackers are delicious and only 20 calories each. They have a lot of surface area so you can pile them up with whatever you want. I like to spread smashed avocado on top for a very filling snack.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    sargento light string cheese
  • Embell0830
    Options
    Organic Soy Chips from Wegmans. The come in many flavors and you get 20 chips at 110 calories. If you're craving crunch they are great
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I like to keep edamame in the freezer. It's a quick protein-ful snack, and having to get the beans out of the pods slows me down enough to feel full when I'm done. LOL
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    sargento light string cheese

this!
    when i feel like i need something crunchy, i snack on cheerios.
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    yogurt (Greek or regular)
    almonds
    red, green, yellow peppers
    hummus
    sugar snap peas
    baby spinach
    tangerines/clementines

Cannot go a week without these things!
  • KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% Greek Yogurt. I love this stuff! It's the best thing I discovered since changing my diet.
  • MarilynGrube
    MarilynGrube Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Special K Cracker Chips, salad and my Skinny Cow ice cream bars lol :love:
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Chobani greek yogurt (all flavors)
    Diet Ocean Spray juice
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    atkins bars
  • kryan70
    kryan70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    korean seaweed (i guess japanese seaweed too) comes in packs of 10 sheets for 20 calories
    i eat them and drink sparkling water since they are on the salty side - they go well into clear
    broth soups too

canned sardine in oil (the ones in water don't taste half as good and they are not that much
    less in calories) with lots of raw onions and tabasco with wasa crackers - this is a meal.

for sweet stuff i buy those 100 calorie pack yogurt covered pretzels or trader joe's triple berry o's
    3/4 cup for 120 calories and for a snack, it's usually too much
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Fiber One brownies.
    Veggies and sour cream or hummus
    Apple with peanut butter and cinnamon spinkles
    Cinch protein powder. I use it just with plain shakes, with plain yogurt and in smoothies.
  • mrsspike30
    mrsspike30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I make spiced nuts with my favorite seasonings and nuts, walnuts, pecans and peanuts and parcel them out in tablespoons into ramekins. Satisfies my savory cravings!
  • deanaimee
    deanaimee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    100 calorie popcorn bags :)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Instant organic oatmeal. Uncle Sam cereal. Chocolate peanut butter by Peanut Butter & Co. Organic rice cakes. Roasted veggies. Grains...any whole grain cooked at home.

The food bar at Whole Foods.

Smoked salmon (smoked in the store).

KIND bars.

Cans of organic beans and also tomatoes. Frozen organic fruits and veggies--great for smoothies.

These are not diet foods to me, they are just things I always have on hand.
  • sco8462
    Options
    I have to have crunch in my diet life, so I can't live without my Pirate's Booty. 140 cals for 1oz. Low sodium too. I also like roasted chick peas to replace popcorn.

Speaking of, I couldn't live without my cauliflower. It replaces mashed potatoes, rice, and, I recently discovered, pizza dough.

My last staple would be my Swai fish. Not for everyone. I love it because it has no fishy flavor, so I can add any one of my 10 favorite Urban Accents with no salt, MSG, or sugar and get a different flavor every night. Keeps things interesting. Well, for me at least.
  • clintbritt3
    Options
    I am loving the Atkins Advantage products, the shakes keep me so full. I pair that with some chicken or black forest ham deli meat (2-4 slices) in the morning and I stay VERY full.... also their peanut butter cups and chocolate coconut bars are AWESOME!!!!!!!
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The #1 "diet" food I can't live w/o are Fiber One 90 Calorie Brownies! They always get me through that chocolate craving. I've also just discovered hummus & I really love the roasted red pepper hummus w/ pretzels - Sabra makes a little snack pack type thing that I love & is very filling for 250 calories. I also eat dinner at Subway a lot because I love all the veggies!

Oh yeah, natural peanut butter. I'd never had the natural kind before & it's really good, especially Smucker's w/ honey.
  • thershey
    thershey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    all the fiber one 90 Calorie treats, Brownies, Choc covered pretzel bars...
    Fruits and veggies.
    Weight watchers and/or skinny cow ice cream treats.
    Oatmeal(all flavors)
    Multi Grain Peanut Butter Cheerios (I LOVE THESE)
    and English muffins Multi grain- I use these for little pizzas for lunch top with sauce and a low cal cheese, for breakfast with egg whites, ham and low cal cheese for a yummy breakfast sandwich, Tuna melts with a little cheese melted on top. or for a sandwich instead of bread.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Barney Butter - Smooth or Chunky
    Raw Veggies
    Hummus
    Apples
    Pears