HELP! I feel like I'm overeating!

Options
So I have really gotten into my diet and feel great! My only problem is meeting my caloric intake goal especially on days when I exercise. My net caloric goal is nearly 1,900 calories and so far today I have logged my breakfast, lunch, and snacks and still have 1,506 calories left for the day. I did workout this morning adding 496 extra calories to my day and plan to work out again at lunch time.

How do I meet my net caloric goal without feeling like I'm overeating? I am snacking on lots of fruits and vegetables and low-calorie snacks so it is starting to feel harder to meet my goal as I learn more low-calorie treats. Please keep in mind I am a person that used to eat 1,440 calories just for lunch at McDonalds so this is a really good problem for me to have.

Replies

• sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter always gives me extra calories quickly
  • bfeusner
    bfeusner Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to peek at my daily journal to see if you can come up with any ideas...Yesterday is the first day in the six days of my diet that I have actually hit/exceeded my net caloric goal and that was only because I did workout yesterday!
  • bfeusner
    Options
    Peanut butter always gives me extra calories quickly

I like the idea but I also feel like I'm wasting calories if I eat on something when I'm already full or have lower calorie options...I never thought I'd have this problem!
  • DenverKos
    Options
    Your diary isn't public so we can't see it....
  • bfeusner
    Options
    Your diary isn't public so we can't see it....

Sorry I thought it was...I just changed it...Here is the link...http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/bfeusner
  • Symphony6
    Symphony6 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Now that i see your diary, I understand...lol.

How about some healthy protein like chicken or fish cooked with a little olive oil? Perhaps some nuts, or cheese? Those foods are great for adding healthy nutrients along with some needed calories!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes. Avocado. Olives. Olive Oil. Nuts. Eggs. Sweet Potato.
  • bfeusner
    Options
    Now that i see your diary, I understand...lol.

How about some healthy protein like chicken or fish cooked with a little olive oil? Perhaps some nuts, or cheese? Those foods are great for adding healthy nutrients along with some needed calories!

I like that idea but I am trying to stay fairly balanced per MFP's recommendations and my protein intake is already at/above where it should be on most days? I am thinking that I might try to add more nuts or cheese and possibly even some chocolate milk after my workouts because I've heard its a great recovery drink! I just hate "wasting" calories even if I am below my goal.
  • deksgrl
    Options
    Percentages of what portion protein / carbs / fat you eat varies greatly. Your body can easily handle more protein than what MFP sets you at. And if you are doing any weight lifting you probably should be getting more protein.
  • bfeusner
    Options
    Percentages of what portion protein / carbs / fat you eat varies greatly. Your body can easily handle more protein than what MFP sets you at. And if you are doing any weight lifting you probably should be getting more protein.

I do very little weight training at this time...It is mostly cardio hence the large amount of calories burned. By the time the day is over today I will have likely burned over 750 calories in cardio workouts. I do know that I can very and if I over eat one category protein would be the best one to over eat.
  • deksgrl
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it, and I also wouldn't consider it "overeating" protein. As long as you're in a safe calorie deficit, you will lose weight (I say safe because some people do not continue to lose when they are not eating enough calories). The macros are less important unless you have something else going on like diabetes, or you are targeting a specific fitness goal with lifting.

Are you using a heart rate monitor to track your calories burned, or are you using MFP estimates?
  • sundaysurf
    sundaysurf Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    From my experience, our bodies go through an ebb and flow of being satisfied and hugnry. Try not to stress about not meeting your calorie goal this week expecially if you are not hungry. Next week it could be the total opposite (nothing will satisfy). Try to always eat healthy, listen to your body and not overeat.
  • bfeusner
    Options
    Are you using a heart rate monitor to track your calories burned, or are you using MFP estimates?

I use a combination of what the treadmill/machine tells me I burned and I always use an online estimator as well to make sure that it was close to what should have been burned. I am working on getting a heart rate monitor to get a more accurate and definite number.
  • bfeusner
    Options
    bump