Dreeding the day I stay the same or gain...!

Options
I have been on here for 35 days now... My diet has changed from eating what ever rubbish was in the house to a structure of chicken / rice / potato / fish etc... healthy foods compared to what I have been eating... With little exercise (well compared to what my target is by August!) Walking my dog / squash and 5 a side...

So far I have lost...

wk 1 - 7.5lbs
wk 2 - 2lbs
wk 3 - 5lbs
wk 4 - 5lbs
wk 6 - 1.5lbs

For a total of 21lbs in 6 weeks...

But on my current exercise schedule my weight loss will level out but this is a long term goal to be slim, fitter and healthier by august 2012 so I will only increase exercise every 10 weeks (roughly!)...

How do I stay motivated when the scales do level out? or maybe I gain... Currently I am that motivated and pumped from seeing the scales drop... I don't know how I will feel when the inevitable will happen...?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    You know what? Stalling, gaining or plateauing is perfectly normal in a weight loss journey. It's almost guaranteed to happen, but you can minimize the chances of it being more than a short time by doing a few things.
    Keep your calories high enough, or have a cheat day/meal to keep your body guessing at how many calories it's going to get.
    Don't get stuck in an exercise rut. Try something new, incorporate different exercises into your normal routine, that way your muscles don't get used to the same workout all the time.
    Drink plenty of water, staying hydrated is an easy way to keep your body running like a well oiled machine!