Why are people afraid to eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• snaus70
    Options
    Your body will always tell you what it needs!

My body always tells me it needs chocolate!! :embarassed:
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    The psychological aspect is quite strong and not necessarily rational. It takes a little bit of research to understand TDEE and net calories. Some people never bother to do the reading. Others do, but somehow still don't believe in it. For a long time people thought the earth was flat too, and that the universe revolved around the earth. Similarly, we have stuff like this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/488879-whats-the-point-to-exercise-then

AWESOME ^^
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I think society tells us that if we are fat, we don't deserve to eat until we are no longer fat pigs. And we internalize that. Seriously, tell someone you are on a diet and then even if you spend hours with them where you haven't eaten a bite, tell them you're hungry and they're more than likely going to respond, "I thought you were on a diet?"

you tell me :indifferent:
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Societal conditioning. And years of restriction and very poor body image.

THAT is why I cried in my nutritionist's office every time I saw her and she told me I still wasn't eating enough.

While the 'science' and 'numbers' behind it all (BMR, TDEE, etc) may be convincing enough for some to immediately embrace additional calories, the emotional and psychological side to this process is very complicated for many of us.

In Summary: Issues. I has them.