MFP = the new Facebook

Options
ShellBelle6
ShellBelle6 Posts: 105 Member
Well, for me at least.
Facebook used to be the 1st thing I looked at every morning. Not any more!!!
MFP has taken it's place!
I feel so much more motivated to get up off my butt!!
:happy:

Replies

• MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhat agree. MFP is a social networking site and while I hate that I use it like FB many times...it's full of people with the same goals as myself and this whole lifestyle change is pretty important to me.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I'm on MFP way more than I'm on FB. There's virtually nothing to do on there.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I just wish MFP would have chat.
  • deejay7806
    deejay7806 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    yeah have 2 agree..... log on to mfp b4 f/b....
  • garyobesedeleted
    garyobesedeleted Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It's the Facebook for Fat People. (FFP)
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It's a split for me, I'm part of a group on FB that spun off of here that I spend a lot of time on, but by far my fitness groups is where I spend 90% of my online time at.
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    Because I need contact and messages with certain people, my lodge, and other organizations, I use FB on a regular basis; however mfp has become a ready second option.
  • lookslikeyoda
    lookslikeyoda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Facebook sucks. MFP :)
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    And me! ♥
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    LOL! I am addicted to this site. Now when I am on my phone my husband just says: "are you on your exercise thing again!" LOL!!! Hey at least this is good for my health right?:bigsmile:
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options

Now that would be nice!
  • penelepurr
    penelepurr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    LOL! I am addicted to this site. Now when I am on my phone my husband just says: "are you on your exercise thing again!" LOL!!! Hey at least this is good for my health right?:bigsmile:

yeah I've started to hear it from my bf, "are you STILL on that site??" lol it is totally addicting!
  • marylouise123
    marylouise123 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am so addicted to MFP.. I still love my facebook - but I check MFP more than I do facebook now.. lol.. I just wish we could add some more features to MFP like chat, like button and a place to let you know you have new messages posted....
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I deactivated FB a month ago.....bye bye!
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    It's the Facebook for Fat People. (FFP)

ROFL!
  • kriggs1976
    Options

That would be excellent. I use FB and MFP, but I get much more positive info from MFP...FB is really negative at times.
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    lol i do both lol
  • pennmw83
    Options
    Honestly, I noticed FB becoming a waste of time to me. Yes you could connect with old friends, but seriously... did you ever talk to them? Nope, not me!

Here on MFP, im not much of a talker either, but found that I have more motivation from the success stories and posts people make on here. I can't see FB ever going that way, espically since I decided to get rid of FB and all other social media all together. Do I consider MFP social media, not hardly. Yes some might think it is just another social site, but it is used for much more than just finding people or playing stupid farming games.

It is used for those of us who want a chance to make a change in our life, for the better. A site for those of us who need the help and courage and motivation to lose that extra 5, 10, 50 or 100 pounds of weight that otherwise would still be there.
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    OMG I agree I am getting a little (ok a LOT) frustrated with FB lately and would much rather be on here!! So much drama... could do without it... at least on here we are (mostly) going for the same goal and support each other, not random comments on how someone's cat puked on the bed or that they're going to bed now, don't care! LOL - but yeah, finding mfp much more fun lately!!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I'm here a lot more too now, funny thing is I notice or reply to facebook post that really belong here anyways. that and when my wife's being cute on there :wink: