Couch to 5K

Options
I'm starting the Couch to 5K challenge today (if my stomach bug lets me). I'm doing the treadmill version http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html

Is anyone already doing this or is anyone interested in joining me? If so, feel free to post up.

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a modified version today myself, assuming my tendonitis in my wrist allows me to get a proper sports bra on.
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yay! I have a buddy. Hopefully, more will chime in. I'm hoping to get through this and enter a real 5K.
  • danihonline
    Options
    I just recently started the couch to 10K, if you have a smartphone there is a great training app by Run Training, it has programs for 5K, 10K, half marathon and full marathon (tells you when to walk, when to run, etc and tracks your progress)
    Good luck, I'm also on the treadmill (at least until beautiful spring weather gets here)
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the Couch to 5K challenge today (if my stomach bug lets me). I'm doing the treadmill version http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html

Is anyone already doing this or is anyone interested in joining me? If so, feel free to post up.

I just barely started last wk, so I'll join you! I'm doing the treadmill version as well.
  • BiancaW18
    BiancaW18 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am on week 4!! It is such a great program :)
    I have done a couple of jogs on the treadmill at the gym but most of them are on trails or tracks.
    If anyone needs support I am here!!
    My goal is to run my first 5K with my Dad and boyfriend within the next couple of months.
  • tpot74
    tpot74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I kinda sorta started last week...testing the waters. This week I am trying to push for more runs. Darn ankle was starting to bother me, but I am going to keep on pushing on :)
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Im starting today! dont have a treadmill and dont have enough time to get to the gym inbetween looking after my 18 month old and studying law full time at university, so am braving the cold and running outside! looking forward to the challenge. good luck everyone :)
  • jessica_johnson2011
    Options
    I'll join! :)
  • JustBeckyV
    Options
    I am actually starting today too!! I am just coming back from a surgery and trying to get my legs back lol
  • kayleen_longworth
    kayleen_longworth Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Look under groups for the C25K group. Lots of info and people there.
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Great, a lot of beginners. It seems a lot of us are coming off of illness/sickness. More the reason to go harder!
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I started last week! add me if you like..keep each other motivated!
  • savingmomof2boys
    Options
    I recently started c25k. I am on week 2.
  • Kimgetinshape
    Kimgetinshape Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I joined today and will start on Monday, April 30th.
  • MyTime4Health
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of couch to 5k and LOVE IT! Feel free to friend me:)
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I 'started' this earlier tonight, managed about 4 of the 8 1-minute runs.
    What does it mean when it says 'run as slowly as possible'? What mph do y'all use?
  • Balance27
    Balance27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I did week one day 2 today and I'm liking it. Feel free to add me for some support!
  • Balance27
    Balance27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this on the treadmill. I walk at 3.5 and jog at 5.2. I have been doing my own version for a while so when I did all 8 runs today I didn't feel like I was going to pass out.
    I think they mean by going as slow as possible is that while we are just starting, we shouldn't try to sprint out of the gate, just get jogging for the total minutes.
  • nirvi9
    nirvi9 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm planning on starting it next week (need to get some decent running shoes first!), so feel free to add me for support :)