So it's better for me to work out in the mornings? What are

I'm new here and I've seen people post that it's better to work out in the mornings, is this true? Should I work out before even eating breakfast?

Thanks!

Replies

• hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    There really is no best time to exercise. Some people do better exercising in the morning, I am one of those people. Other people have more energy to do it in the afternoon or evening. If I exercise late in the day I can't sleep. For me getting up and starting me day that way, after breakfast for me, makes me more aware of what I'm eating or doing the rest of the day and I tend to make better choices. The time you are likely to stick to and fit into your lifestyle is the best time for you.
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    There really is no best time to exercise. Some people do better exercising in the morning, I am one of those people. Other people have more energy to do it in the afternoon or evening. If I exercise late in the day I can't sleep. For me getting up and starting me day that way, after breakfast for me, makes me more aware of what I'm eating or doing the rest of the day and I tend to make better choices. The time you are likely to stick to and fit into your lifestyle is the best time for you.
    This is exactly right. You will find people on here that say that it matters what time of day you work out, because one time burns more fat. That is a myth. Work out when it is best for you and when you will be most consistent. I am not a morning person, so I have never been able to stick to working out in the morning.
  • I agree, I have tried to become a morning workout person in the past and just ended up having a less productive workout because I was to sleepy and not awake the whole time. The best time for me is in the evening around 7.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    The best time to exercise is when you can do it and stick with it. I like a light workout in the mornings to get me going, but I save the harder workout for after work. I feel energized all day after the easy morning workout, and I'm more than happy to work out later in the day. And then I am able to sleep REALLY well at night! ;)
  • davitalynette
    davitalynette Posts: 117 Member
    Thank you for all your feedback! I'm not a morning person but I do feel like a good work out in the morning really sets my day off to a good & productive start! Right now I'm committed to just working out once a day, whenever I can, and that usually ends up being after work. I just wanted to be sure I was maximizing my results!
  • jnorr993
    jnorr993 Posts: 18 Member
    I completely agree with you! I am not the best at getting a workout done in the morning, but I SURE feel GREAT when I DO! Personally, I am more of an evening person. I can work out as late as 10pm and still sleep like a baby. It really comes down to what works best for you.