Craving beef??

:explode: Last two days I've had to force myself to eat...Today I feel super hungry and I'm craving beef?? I keep thinking about dinner and want steak. WTH!!

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    What's wrong with having some beef? If you get a lean cut, it is a great food.
  • Nothing wrong with it, just wondered if it weird? I dont know if I'm missing something and I want to make the best choices. I usually crave sweets not meat..lol
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    I've been craving beef lately too, and it's weirding me out. I feel like it HAS to be a deficiency of some sort.... maybe we need more iron? (just throwing out ideas)
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    I'm not a big proponent that cravings mean you need something. If you're eating a good balance of foods and getting enough protein, fat, fiber, vitamins and minerals, you'll be fine. But if you crave something, have a little. We need balance in our lives.
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    DH craves red meat when he's iron deficient, but his regular diet is pretty lacking in the iron department. You might also just be craving the taste. I do, sometimes. But I like red meat.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Eat the steak!!!!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    I don't crave it, but I eat beef several times a week. I also eat plenty of chicken, pork, and been trying to up the fish. I say have a lean steak in a sensible portion and enjoy!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    I wanted steak this past weekend..... so i had a steak.

Id like to add to this story, but thats about it. lol
  • I eat beef 3 times a week at least usually. Mmmmm
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Maybe "craving" isn't the right word to use for me. I "crave" things like ice cream, chips, etc. because they taste good and make me happy (at least momentarily :laugh: )

This "craving" for beef is completely physical and not just a comfort/emotional/tastebuds kind of thing. I know it's my body and not my mind that wants it, if that makes sense.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    So eat some. Our bodies can tell us a lot - if we actually listen. You probably need protein.
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    I crave beef sometimes.... and I've been vegetarian since I was 10... :noway:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I'm not a big meat eater, but I also occasionally crave beef. I've always wondered if it's because I tend to be low on iron sometimes.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    this is one of those times where you should "listen to your body"
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    What's wrong with beef? I eat beef every day, I don't like poultry or fish (unless it's fried) and I seem to be doing fine.
  • Maybe I should have posted the question as..why did I have no desire to eat last couple days but today I want everything? Steak is just on my mind most.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    could be your body craving the iron and protein. But even if it isn't....steak is great food! Enjoy one!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,446 Member
    When I am craving beef, I go for it. Filet Mignon, Flank Steak and Sirloin are pretty lean!

(That was me over the weekend. :D)
  • I really really crave a medium rare steak pretty often. Where my mouth will water thinking about it. Ha! :D I usually eat steak once a week :) Nothing wrong with that!
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Are you close to that time of the month? Before i started eating better i had horrible red meat cravings a few days before or during. Could be an iron thing?