Darling Valentine, Please don't give me calories

Options
LuckyLeprechaun
LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
My wonderful husband does so much for me all the time. He's an amazing cook and makes dinner almost every night. I am truly lucky to have him in my life.

We are having a bit of a tough time adjusting to the lifestyle change when it comes to celebrations. For our anniversary, for Valentine's Day, for any special day, he's used to the "old" me who always wanted to celebrate with calories.

Whether that showed in the form of a bottle of my favorite spirits, or a box of chocolates, or a decadent dinner filled with yummy food favorites, he was/is always willing to indulge any treat I desire :) But these days, those indulgences are likely to give me a tummyache - or a hangover! :ohwell:

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy those things and I believe that on an occasional basis, they can be a fun part of a healthy lifestyle! However, I want to find more ways to celebrate that don't involve consuming a lot of extra calories.

In order to get some good ideas, tell me about the things you do for your significant other (for Valentine's or any celebration)that don't involve buying them calories. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I got 2000 this valentines :P

But he also got me a suite on a cliff overlooking the ocean for the night :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I got 2000 this valentines :P

But he also got me a suite on a cliff overlooking the ocean for the night :)

I am feeling the jealousy!! WOW!!
  • Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Massages are the best.

I love flowers, don't get me wrong, but they can get expensive, and they die in a few days. So we don't do flowers anymore

One year I bought some fun board games. We played a couple of them.

Cologne, cheesy, I know, but my hubby LOVES cologne
  • richmondcowgirl
    richmondcowgirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Instead of candy this year I'm getting new toys, bedroom and gym. Bedroom toys you know what they are and gym toys. He let me pick a new heart rate monitor, waterproof earbuds and mp3 player. More surprises are to come but he's being so supportive of my changes.
  • richmondcowgirl
    richmondcowgirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My favorite valentines treat was a puppy run. I have a friend who volunteers with the SPCA here. In a park in the snow I was to sit in the middle of a fenced in area on a pillow (thankful filled with "hot hands") wearing a blindfold. They let a bunch of puppies loose. I loved it and he ended up adopting on of the puppies.