diet soda no good

Options
Hey every one. I've been using this site for about a month and and very excited.
Ok I like to have a diet coke a couple times a week. I found out even with diet soda it stoes your fat along your midsection and makes it twice as hard to lose that belly fat we all hate. Bummer, definitley stick to water. good luck every one!

Replies

• nidjam2
    nidjam2 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey every one. I've been using this site for about a month and and very excited.
    Ok I like to have a diet coke a couple times a week. I found out even with diet soda it stoes your fat along your midsection and makes it twice as hard to lose that belly fat we all hate. Bummer, definitley stick to water. good luck every one!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options

i am the same way!!! I love diet coke!!! Anytime im out i want one and im trying to not carrying them in the house so i don't get attempted... but having one once a week is fine , I went from drinking 5 a day to 1 a week...Hope you can kick the diet coke to the curb also!
  • persian_dancer
    Options
    wow, i never knew that. I only have one maybe once every 2 weeks on average so I think i'm good. stick to coffee and my 12 cups of water a day! :drinker:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking lot of homemade iced green tea. It's delish! I used to have a couple Diet Cokes a day but with the Green Tea I'm down to one a day and I usually don't even finish it! Shocking!
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    wow, i never knew that. I only have one maybe once every 2 weeks on average so I think i'm good. stick to coffee and my 12 cups of water a day! :drinker:

coffee is just as bad, caffeine, and a diuretic to boot, kick the coffee.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    LOL....when I began this weightloss venture, I was overwhelmed by the massive amounts of conflicting information out there....I hardly knew where to begin.

So I applied two theories...the first of which was something my mother pounded into my head (besides "never put anything in writing" lol) which was "believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see." Next, I apply the theory that my body will tell me when it's unhappy with a choice.

I started craving sugar like crazy - which is odd because I've never been much of a sweet eater. I had to determine which was better, a candy bar or my diet cream soda.....

I'm not saying that I do not incorporate fruits in the mix - I have the recommended two servings a day...I'm just saying that between a candy bar and a diet soda, my body would prefer to have the diet cream soda.

I LOVE my diet cream soda (have I mentioned that)?

Anyhoo...wanted to let you know this for whatever it's worth. Oh, and I have a flat stomach... I'm thinking it's because of the cardio.

Oh, by the way - they just came out with the millionith conflicting study about coffee...apparently women should have at least two cups a day becasue it's healthy. Go figure.

:flowerforyou:
  • squeak351
    squeak351 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My dietician recommends "diet" anything only rarely. The sweetener that is used in most diet products can build in your system and cause toxic levels in your body. Such as aparatame. Saccharin has also been know to cause some nasty effects. Very interesting when you research it. I have been without any diet drinks for 4 weeks now . I also cut out all artifical sweetners. My fatique has greatly improved and I feel like a whole new person. I bought a britta water filter as I don't like the cholrine taste of tap water and sometimes will throw some lemon or orange slices in my water. I am also not supposed to drink caffeine either so it's only decaf coffee. The sweetner I use is Truvia or Stevia or natural honey.
  • persian_dancer
    Options
    Well when you have to study for hours on end and water doesn't do anything to keep you awake, coffee maybe once or twice a week should be fine :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: I only drink water. I don't drink anything else.