tight chest & taste of blood when running, suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If it was cold outside, you can warm the air going into your lungs by wearing something light across your nose and mouth and breathe through that - a scarf, berka, or lightweight gator could help with that. Also, breathing with your lips in an O shape and breathing in 1,2,3, and out 1,2,3 can help with the wheezing - it's what I do and it really helps a lot.
  • Cberg9
    Cberg9 Posts: 123
    Options
    omg this is freaking me out!!! I get the same thing (blood in my throat taste) but it's only when it's cold (which is below 60 for me) and when I actually do run....I always thought it was normal as after I built up endurance it went away
  • webs0068
    Options
    I'm in my second year of nursing and from what I know about human anatomy and physiology it shouldn't be a huge concern 1) if your new to running 2) if you have a history of asthma or asthma runs in your family and 3) as long as you just taste the metallic sense of blood and your not ACTUALLY coughing up blood. Your lungs need to adapt to the stress your are laying on them when your running. Once you build up a tolerance it will most likely go away. If this is truly bothering you then see a doctor, but it is most likely not cause for concern,. If it lasts longer then a day after your run or you start to cough up blood THEN go to the ER :)