300lb + how many daily calories are you having?

Hiya, I am wondering, for those out there over 300lb, how many calories are you on? the recommended amount or lower? I am trying to stick to between 1700 and 1900 daily for a slightly speedier weight loss.

What about you?

Replies

• lcharity79
    lcharity79 Posts: 94 Member
    Hello there! I started at 325, and I'm down 27 pounds now using a combination of MFP and adding in regular exercise at Curves, as well as a weekly kickboxing and yoga class. (Started on December 1st officially with exercise and all, and wasn't real, real strict during Christmas holidays at all). Initially I was doing about 1600 calories, and now I have adjusted up to about 1750 or so. Plus, when I work out, if I'm really hungry I will eat some of those calories back. Overall it seems to be working pretty well. Feel free to check out my food diary and add me as a friend if you like! Happy losing!
  • I'm 320 and I eat 1900 calories a day. In the past 3 weeks I've lost 7.5 pounds. I don't eat my exercise calories back because I feel fine without them. I know when my calories go down as I lose weight I will eat back my calories.
  • NikkiWork
    NikkiWork Posts: 24 Member
    When I started I was 324lbs. my doctor told me to stick to 1200 calories a day...I do eat a little more if I do a hard workout! I watch my sodium intake (1300-1500 per DAY) stopped drinking soda & juice & water is my choice now and once a day I allow a crystal light pack! Good luck hope this helps you! (I lost almost 50lbs and slipped up... back at it full force)!
  • Good topic. Right now I'm keeping the calories at 1800 and doing 1.5 hours of exercise on my Gazelle. Weight loss is steady at 2 pounds a week. It's working right now, but when we get below 300 (and we will!) the calories will have to go down as well to keep the weight loss going, I suppose.
  • cjaharmon
    cjaharmon Posts: 46 Member
    I am way above 300 and Mfp told me to do 2240 I think. My doctor told me 1800 unless it was day I exercised and then to do 2000 basically which gives me wiggle room for an extra higher protein/carb evening snack of bread and cheese or peanut butter to boost the blood sugar. I am eating on average 1700ish but very rarely go above 1800 unless I exercised and even then its usually Around 1900