BEST 1200cal OPTIONS...BEST/FAVORITE WAYS TO USE UR 1200 ca

Options
2»

Replies

• countryclubber
    Options
    why 1200 calories? are you old? sedentary? have a thyroid/pcos condition? 1200 is way low for MOST people.

1200 is what mfp projected for me...but yes, i do have thyroid and addison's disease and am on 2 corticosteroids also...

but i see tons of ppl on mfp wth the 1200 cal per day restriction as suggested by mfp..

and unless 32 is old...no lol

32 isnt old at all. that's a severe restriction and you can surely lose on more. i'd recommend 1500 for a while, at least until you stop losing and then reassess.

well i cant workout as much b/c of my addison's disease...makes me exhausted 24/7 the steroids have resulted in me gaining 55 lbs of which ive lost 16 and then i plateaud but i think it's b/c i was going under the1200 cals and ths wknd i had 2 days in a row of abt 1500 n i lost a lb...i play 2.5 hrs of tennis on Sundays...and the sterois have effed up my metabolism...plus i'm hypothyroid... was always soooo active and healthy before this...but i nearly died 3 years ago, so i guess this weight gain is a small price to pay for being alive...

ive calculated my bmr and it's not very high...prob because of sendentary so maybe thats why mfp put me at a low cal restriction ??? have to have some deficit from low bmr but doesnt allow for much
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Chicken Wild Rice Salad

1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast (the recipe calls for turkey which is also rad)
    1/2 cup uncooked wild rice blend (I used Lundberg Wild Blend); cook and cool
    1 cup red grapes, halved
    1/2 cup diced sweet red bell pepper
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    1/4 cup dried cherries
    1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
    4 green onions, sliced
    1/4 cup low-fat raspberry vinaigrette

Combine and refrigerate. I forgot to add the dressing in my first reply. This recipe makes enough for two REALLY BIG bowls, and I think each bowl was around 375 calories or something. In fact, my half actually made two meals' worth for me. Hubby ate his half in one meal and said it was pretty satisfying.
  • countryclubber
    Options
    Chicken Wild Rice Salad

1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast (the recipe calls for turkey which is also rad)
    1 cup red grapes, halved
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    1/4 cup dried cherries
    4 green onions, sliced

Combine and refrigerate. I forgot to add the dressing in my first reply. This recipe makes enough for two REALLY BIG bowls, and I think each bowl was around 375 calories or something. In fact, my half actually made two meals' worth for me. Hubby ate his half in one meal and said it was pretty satisfying.

i lve this idea...thank u...i'm getting burned out of the same old things lol...cannot wait to make this! :)
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Chicken Wild Rice Salad

1 cup red grapes, halved
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    1/4 cup dried cherries
    4 green onions, sliced

YUM - thanks for sharing
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    So good...I think I'm going to go fantasize about eating more of it while I fold my laundry.
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    why 1200 calories? are you old? sedentary? have a thyroid/pcos condition? 1200 is way low for MOST people.

MFP told me 1200. I'm 36, female, 5 foot 4, and I sit at a desk all day. Sounds about right if I want to lose 2 pounds a week.
  • countryclubber
    Options
    I usually have a some oatmeal wtih peaches in the AM
    Fage for a snack
    Sandwich (Today was a turkey bacon BLT) and fruits and veggies for lunch
    A lean protien and veggies for dinner

thanks...have never done peaches with the oatmeal but that sounds yummy! :)
  • countryclubber
    Options

MFP told me 1200. I'm 36, female, 5 foot 4, and I sit at a desk all day. Sounds about right if I want to lose 2 pounds a week.

thnx zoe...i felt kinda attacked... lol like i was a lazy old fatass lol

but i knew mfp had tons of pple on the 1200 cal plan...so thanks for the reassurance :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

but i knew mfp had tons of pple on the 1200 cal plan...so thanks for the reassurance :)

don't take all advice as being "attacked"...many people undereat, hit a plateau, and then can't do anything to break it because they're already eating the bare minimum even though they could have lost on more, preserved lean muscle mass, and their metabolisms would remain intact. If you felt attacked my apologies--just trying to stop you from making a mistake that leads to more harm than good 10-15 pounds from now.
  • countryclubber
    Options

don't take all advice as being "attacked"...many people undereat, hit a plateau, and then can't do anything to break it because they're already eating the bare minimum even though they could have lost on more, preserved lean muscle mass, and their metabolisms would remain intact. If you felt attacked my apologies--just trying to stop you from making a mistake that leads to more harm than good 10-15 pounds from now.

Lol no worries...the thing abt the written word is it has no intonation

Thank u n Im probably oversensitive from being hungry lol

I just can't understand why mfp would put this as my calorie goal and I did plateau. But I'm going in what they're telling me to do.
    Any help is really appreciated :).