Why doesn't anybody notice????

Options
13»

Replies

• Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    THE BIGGER YOU ARE THE MORE YOU HAVE TO DROP TO NOTICE.... NO ONE NOTICED ON ME UNTIL I DROPPED 50 POUNDS. BY THE TIME I LOST 75 MY SISTER HAD TO BRING IT UP TO OUR STEPMOM. SHE SAID "WELL I WASN'T SURE IF YOU WERE GOING TO STICK WITH IT SO I DIDN'T COMMENT" THEY MAY NOT WANT TO MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU WERE BIG BEFORE... JUST KEEP GOING AND GET READY FOR THE COMPLIMENTS TO START ROLLING IN :)
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    If you are wearing the same clothing you've been wearing then they probably don't notice. For me it was when I started wearing fitted clothing that people's heads turned and about a million questions followed.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from I have lost 18lbs people I see day to day or even once a week don't notice. My co workers have been supporting me in this process and they still don't notice. I have to toot my own horn so to speak. In time people will notice.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You're just being dumb and who cares because you are doing this for your self.

For real, I had one co-worker that refused to admit that I looked like I had lost any weight until I lost 37 lbs. Everyone else was like "you look great" and he was like "I don't see it." Just keep going and sooner or later people will be stopping you left and right.
  • supergal73
    Options
    16 pounds is GREAT!! We are all so proud of you here at MFP!! About 2 years ago people didnt notice that I lost weight untill I was about 20 pounds down. (But then I gaind it all back) Remember your doing this for yourself not those other people. If you feel great, then feel great. You have worked hard, plus its okay to brag a little and show off.
  • SkinnyShadow
    SkinnyShadow Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    lol, you're funny - I totally understand though ;)
    I honestly think people are too wrapped up in themselves to notice slight to moderate differences in someone else. Just my opinion.... you can cut your hair four inches and nobody will notice... you can get glasses, and maybe 5% of people will notice - unless they're big bold frames, you can lose 15lbs, and nobody will say a thing.... if you lose 30 lbs, people will notice, and they'll say something. I think people are too afraid to say anything if it's a slight change, cause what if they're wrong, right? lol like asking "so when are you due?" to a small baby bump... if you're not preggy, they're in big trouble!
    Losing even 5 lbs can totally change the way you feel, but nobody is going to see a difference... I've lost 20, and you couldn't tell. With me anyway, it's only really noticeable in 25-30 lb increments.... sucks when I lose... but a blessing when I gain :p Mwahaha...
  • mommakitty1204
    Options
    I'm right there with you...So far I've lost 14 pounds and while my pants finally fit me better, even I really can't notice the weight loss when I look in the mirror. I feel like I must have been HUGE! lol Did you take measurements when you started? It really helps because so far I've lost 21/2" in my waist alone which is encouraging. Don't get discouraged though. Every year at holiday time I put on a lot of weight and it seems to take forever once i start dieting before I can notice a difference. Once you get past that initial first 15 pounds, EVERYONE will start to notice. You're doing great. Just keep reminding yourself of that...even when no one else does.
  • 57rainbows
    57rainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Just because they haven't spoken to you about it doesn't mean they haven't noticed! Weight is a dicey topic for a lot of people, so they might not say anything until they're positive you've lost a lot. What if you actually hadn't lost any and someone asked you, "Have you lost weight?" It could feel like a hint or a jab, even though well intended. For that sort of reason people might be silently noticing and just not mentioning it just yet!

Even if they don't notice yet... trust me, they WILL! Just give it some more time. We pay more attention to our own bodies than anyone else's, so just give it some time and keep being AWESOME!
  • chungkeymungkey
    Options
    Don't take it in a bad way. Trust me, sometimes there's just haters out there that don't WANT to tell you that you're losing weight and that you look good. As long as YOU know what you've accomplished so far be proud and wear your skin with pride! Keep up the good work!
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have lost 16 lbs using MFP so far. I finally committed to my New Years Resolution and stuck to it! My clothes are fitting me better....almost to the point that I need to buy new ones. Actually I question myself now, how I used to squeeze myself into these clothes 16 lbs. ago. I know this sounds silly and childish, but I am so discouraged because nobody has noticed in my life. Please tell me I am just being dumb and who cares because I am doing this for myself!
    I am exactly the same...16 lbs total (incl before MFP) and nobody has noticed..well my hubby and bf but nobody at work etc... I am heavy though so agree with other posts...once I hit 20-25, I think it will be more noticeable... and it is how YOU feel.. I do feel amazing too ! Great job
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    They will soon! I have found that people have asked me if I have lost weight when I gained 10 and when I lost 10. Once you get into some new clothes, people will notice!
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Remember that people have awful memories when it comes to appearances. Think of someone you know that recently changed their hair. Realize how hard it is to picture how they used to look. The people in your life may have trouble believing you didn't always look quite as awesome as you do now.