Valentine's Day dinner ideas?

Options
Well, we don't really go out for Valentine's day, we usually dont' make a big deal of it, but I really dont' want to cook tomorrow... We want to just stay at home and snuggle in... its been pretty cold lately. But I need good to-go, takeout, delivery options. What would be a good place for delivery/take out that is "healthy"? Any suggestions??? Preferbly some place that has their nutritional information available :)

Replies

• amysmartin
    amysmartin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The only healthy take out in our little town is a Vietnamese restaurant, bowl of Pho and spring rolls.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Sushi?

I wish that is what we were doing tomorrow
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want and burn it off.

Giggity
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    If you want to stay home and snuggle, what about pizza and popcorn and hot chocolate? Pizza isn't toooo bad (around 200 calories per slice - just stick with 2 slices) and popcorn takes less than 10 minutes to make on the stove (and even less with an air popper). The hot chocolate will be a treat, but it's perfect for snuggle time.

If you want other take-out stuff, what about the grocery store's pre-made selection?
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    skip dinner and just have lots of sex - it's good cardio
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I never go out for valentines day. We order in. Usually Applebee's Carside to Go since we rarely eat at restaurants anymore. Nothing like good food, a netflix movie and ah....other entertaining activities to keep you busy at home. ~_^
  • liegeygirl
    liegeygirl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Most of the restaurants that me and my hubby have been going to have a menu that is geared towards us who are on this journey. Look up your favorite restaurants and see what their nutrition menu looks like before hand. That's usually what we do. Hope this helps.
  • meredithmccandless
    Options
    any place that has fish or veggie options, what about thai with brown rice and veggies
  • annavt09
    annavt09 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We ordered out Saturday, but before we did, I hit all the websites and looked over the nutritional value menus. I chose the place and my meal based on that. Definitely better than eating out where I'd be tempted to order something other than what I planned, and probably have the appetizer bread, and no telling what else. Not to mention we saved $ on drinks and tip.

BTW, Ruby Tuesday's BBQ chicken and green beans (from the fit and trim menu) is DELICIOUS!
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Sushi?

I wish that is what we were doing tomorrow

Take out Sushi is a tradition at our house!
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    It's not take out, but I often make a heart shaped pizza for my kids. They love it and it's easy and cheap and you can make it as healthy as you like. I make my own wholewheat crust and add lots of healthy toppings - with extra cheese of course :tongue:
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com just posted a post with a bunch of ideas! :D
  • andreacord
    Options
    skip dinner and just have lots of sex - it's good cardio

I like that idea.

But seriously, skinnytaste.com just posted a whole bunch of ideas. :)
  • mybody32
    Options
    Still very undecided i would like to stay in and and spend a little time out!