I am going to PIG OUT tomorrow!

Options
LaurenAOK
LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
Tomorrow will be my 49th day on MFP, and since it's Valentine's Day I've decided to reward myself for my commitment. Tomorrow, for the first time in 49 days, I will not log a single thing I eat. I'm going to an Italian restaurant with my boyfriend and I'm going to eat so much cheese and so many carbs and it will be glorious. I'm also making him cupcakes (well, for us to share), and I think he's picking up chocolate from a local chocolate store. I don't even want to know how many calories I'll end up eating, I just want to enjoy it.

Of course on Wednesday I'll get right back on track :wink: Anyone else thinking of doing something similar?

Replies

• deannarey13
    Options
    Enjoy!

I've done far too much of that lately. Today and going forward is my time to get back to work!
  • LavenderChamomile
    Options
    DEFINITELY! Enjoy the day and pig out (: I don't wanna spend my Valentine's Day thinking about all the things I CAN'T have, that's no way to celebrate!
  • AmandaBroun
    Options
    Yup, we'll be doing the same. I had originally planned on just making a nice steak meal at home - something a little indulgent seeming, but actually staying within my usual calorie limit.

Then the husband suggested going out to this Italian place we haven't been to in years, and that all went out the window. I'm still going to log it all, but I almost wish there was just a big "You should be ashamed of yourself" button that would automatically add in 5,000 calories for the day. ;)
  • tenax
    tenax Posts: 97
    Options
    my girlfriend and i went out for a no guilt valentine's dinner that included:

-crabcake appetizer
    -vietnamese salad rolls appetizer

9 oz glass of behringer white zinfandel

thick cut pork chop with apple sauce
    carmalized yams
    veggie mix

it was yummy..and i didn't give a damn:)
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    cheese!! glorious cheese!!!! enjoy yourself- you deserve it!
  • dawnstrassburg
    Options
    i hit a small goal and i am celebrating with gummy bears and chicken nuggets and tater tots :)
  • RainyAM
    RainyAM Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Definitely a lovely steak dinner at home ... with chips ... and champagne! Mmm mmm mmm
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not thinking of doing anything like that! Whats the point. I plan to keep logging and have bad days often ireespective of Valentines or any other 'holiday.' Why would I take a day off from logging, in fact it may keep you more honest and more in check to see just how bad you can really do in calories, but thats just me. To each his/her own. Have fun, live life which can be done even on Valentine's day with cupcakes and any food, just saying.
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Saturday's are my "free days". I don't log anything in and I generally eat a bit more carbs than usual. I don't go crazy though. During the week I eat fish, chicken, veggies, eggs, etc. Low carb, low carb, low carb. Saturdays are my day for a slice of pizza or a hamburger.
  • Charlieh16
    Charlieh16 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am making roast chicken with all the works!
    I don't think this will put me over my calories however as it's all pretty good stuff but i'm going to enjoy every single bit :)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Moderation in all things...including moderation! Have a great time, enjoy yourself, and just get back on track the next day. We have eaten out three times this week (very unusual for us, but some weeks are just like that....) and really, only one meal was something I was a bit ashamed to put on my diary, so its also possible to have a fabulous dinner and still stay within your own limits. (not mentioning the two cosmos with dinner last night....not really good for me, but they were PERFECT and delicious)
  • gourmetgal77
    gourmetgal77 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I took the weekend off as I was away at a conference and the hotel wanted to charge me $12.95 a day for internet service. I didn't go all out crazy, but I didn't track things as closely as I do when I am home. I do not think there is a think wrong with indulging every once in a while, after all, you have been working hard.

Although, I will tell everyone out there, since I have been limiting my sweets, my sweet tooth has shrunk considerably. I went to The Cheesecake Factory, and of course ordered a piece of cheese cake to share, and only ate about 6 bites of it and I was SO done with it.
  • curvy_ca_mama
    curvy_ca_mama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will definitely be my cheat day!!! Then back on wagon Wednesday!! :drinker:
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Were going out and I'm having steak and potatoes. It's going to be great!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but I never plan cheat days like this. I do believe in moderation. Any of my MFP friends can see my diary and how I have whatever I want - but I have a very small amount of it. It works better for me that way. Last year I would have indulged in something and ended up eating too much of a good thing. As long as it fits in my calorie count for the day, I have a small bit.

Enjoy your feast !!!
    :heart: Happy Valentines Day :heart:
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    No im not ( i want to but im not) thats the old me it makes me feel bad and nauses if i eat to much (cause i think to much about it) and once i lose control i dont stop lol..so i dont wanna risk it right now.
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    enjoy yourself....but just a warning, I have done this a couple of times, but now that I'm not used to eating like I used to, it makes me almost sick....
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but I never plan cheat days like this. I do believe in moderation. Any of my MFP friends can see my diary and how I have whatever I want - but I have a very small amount of it. It works better for me that way. Last year I would have indulged in something and ended up eating too much of a good thing. As long as it fits in my calorie count for the day, I have a small bit.

Enjoy your feast !!!
    :heart: Happy Valentines Day :heart:

^5 This 100%!
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    The good news is that those that plan to have a cheat day tomorrow probably won't eat as much as they think they will. That's the way it worked out for me for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Good luck everyone and have a very Happy Valentine's Day!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    enjoy yourself....but just a warning, I have done this a couple of times, but now that I'm not used to eating like I used to, it makes me almost sick....

That is the one thing I'm worried about... I got fried mozzarella sticks a couple weeks back and felt awful (nauseated) for hours afterwards. I guess my body is used to eating healthy now, which is great, but could present a problem for my plan to feast, haha.