Helpful tips needed

Options
Ok so i joined in Jan of this year and have been trying to lose weight since then. I started at 1200 cals and excercising 6 days a week and was not losing so i figured maybe it was a lil extreme so now i am at 1500 cals and back on the gym to about 3-4 x a week. i seem to be gaining and losing the same 3 lbs??? I am 5'5 and 200lbs so i have more than enough to lose. So my quesions is to all of you who have been successful... How da heck did you guys do it??? How many cals?? How many days a week did you work out?? for how long? What did you eat? Just any useful information. I have been lifting weights so not sure if thats y i am not losing my my measurements are still the same too... no lose. All i read about spike days or cheat days and i do have 1 of those but quite honestly i would have to say i dont go anywhere near or over 2500 cals on those days. So just some friendly advice would be helpful. Thanks :)

Replies

• spazwgeo
    spazwgeo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I started at 220 and am now at 154. It's taken me about 2 years to get where I am.. A lot of back and forth with my weight. I lost the weight by watching my diet, excising and drinking A LOT of water. I change up my work out every so often so that my body doesn't do the same thing constantly. I did use weight watchers for the first year and that was really helpful to figure out what was good to eat and what wasn't.. I have found that just because something is low in calories it may be high in carbs or fats and of no nutritional value. I eat A LOT of protein also to keep my body from losing muscle instead of fat! Oh and I also try really hard not to eat carbs after 5 and nothing at all after 7! Good Luck and just keep going! It'll happen! :)
  • 223lola
    Options
    wow Im not alone Im having the same problem hopefully someone will post something that helps hand in there
  • popsical101
    Options
    i advise going running worked for me before i found this app i just ran2 to 3 times a week no diet and lost a stone and dropped from a size 20 to a 16 wen i first started i cud run 1 min then had to walk for 3 can run 30 mins non stop now x x x
  • 223lola
    Options
    how many calories did you start at and what do you consume now?