low calorie belly filling foods....

Options
anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• anasf139
    anasf139 Posts: 101
    Options
    SOUPS/CASSEROLES!

These tend to fill me up, more than "dry meals"!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    vegetables, lean meat
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    Sugar free jelly :smile: if you need a pudding, pints of water or with squash if you can't face it plain, I also chop celery and cucumber which you can eat vast quantities of for hardly any calories, more filling a couple of quartered oranges, hope that helps a bit :ohwell:
  • TamImbrogno
    TamImbrogno Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Lots of fruits and veggies! Feel free to check out some of the foods I eat on my log!!!
  • kittyninja
    Options
    Soup and steamed seasoned veggies.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Coffee fills me up lol....
    Otherwise wraps are usually good for filling you up.
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    A great big meal size salad, topped with tons of fibre rich veggies and a lil bit of lean protein of choice. So delicious and keeps me sooo filled up!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Turkey & Veg sloppy joes!

1 package of turkey, 1 can of rinsed lentils, 1 cup of corn, 2 big stalks of celery, most of an onion, garlic, 1/2 cup of bbq sauce, hot sauce, 1 whole orange / red / yellow pepper....

Brown the turkey, add everythign else. Simmer till veg are crisp but not crunchy, and bbq sauce has reduced. ( Veg will give off a LOT of liquid, so sauce will get watery, then simmer down ).

A heaping bowl is about 300 calories, since it is mostly vegetables.
  • jnorr993
    jnorr993 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Most definitely veggies! If I am looking for sweet - raw carrots or sugar snap peas are some of my favorites. If I am looking for something more "robust", I like to chop up celery, mushrooms, garlic and onions and cook them in some coconut oil in a skillet. Mmmm.... For a more Italian flavor, I do the same with some tomatoes, parmesan cheese, onions, mushrooms... Oh and for some added protein... you can throw in some ground turkey or slice up a chicken breast... :-)

My husband thinks I am weird, :noway: but I think it's all delicious! :love:
  • MarieAnneN
    Options
  • qwe3nz
    qwe3nz Posts: 29
    Options
    My udon noodle soup

you need
    4 x cups water (add more water if you want)
    2 x packets of miso soup
    1 x packet udon noodles
    chopped spring onions
    1 x carrot chopped
    1/2 x broccoli
    1/2 cup dried ****aki mushrooms
    1 x T soy sauce

Throw it all in a pot and bring to the boil for 4 minutes and Bam your done.

This makes heaps!! keeps you full!! only around 300 calories per POT!! and you eat it through out the day. ( you wont be able to eat it in one sitting its far to much)
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, rice cakes, water, carrots, celery and lettuce are my go-to fillers when I'm not worried about nutrition, but am just hankering for something. Also, I'm pretty easy to distract, so a new skein of yarn can keep me full, too... (as long as I'm working with it, not eating it....)

My best odds, though, are foods with a balance of protein and carbs (and very few simple sugars)-- they keep me full longest without being overly hungry, which keeps me from the need for munchies.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

1/2 cup dried ****aki mushrooms

bwahahaha!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt