Constantly Hungry

Options
So I've been on a 1200 calorie for about 3 1/2 week now and had incorporate exercise into my life (4-5 days). I haven't really been eating my exercise calories back either but the scale won't budge. I came down 2 lbs in the first 2 weeks but it went back and stay there.

So over the weekend, I figure there must be some truth to this whole starvation mode thing and have started to eat all my calories back. However, now 2 days later - I am constantly hungry. What gives?

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein early in the day, and more fiber. They help keep you full longer, so you're not starving all the time!
  • aimeeang
    aimeeang Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes i have the same problem. i have lost 10 lbs in the last 2 months. i am constantly hungry and food is always on my mind. i tried drinking milk and high protein cereal but craving a lot of rice. i'm decreasing my weight loss goal from 1lb/week to 1/2 lb/week, which increases my calorie allowance from 1200 to 1390. i'm gonna do more strength training too (jillian six pack abs and tabata training) to increase my metabolism and less cardio since my knees are taking it hard. i bicycle to work as an efficient way to burn calories (350/day).

i hope the increase in my calorie allowance will help. and i won't yoyo.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    So I've been on a 1200 calorie for about 3 1/2 week now and had incorporate exercise into my life (4-5 days). I haven't really been eating my exercise calories back either but the scale won't budge. I came down 2 lbs in the first 2 weeks but it went back and stay there.

So over the weekend, I figure there must be some truth to this whole starvation mode thing and have started to eat all my calories back. However, now 2 days later - I am constantly hungry. What gives?
    Food choice. When eating your calories back start with protein first, unlike carbs, protein keeps you full and also stimulates the metabolism.