Can someone answer this question?

Options
Okay so I am very new to myfitnesspal and i have question that might seem stupid but oh well! I do Turbo Jam workouts everyday after dinner and the kids are in bed. MFP says that I burn about 700 calories after 45 minutes. I have noticed that by the time I am ready to do turbo jam I am very weak and hungry. Should I add the turbo jam at the beginning of the day so it adds the extra calories before i work out since it is late and i will not eat them after i work out?

Replies

• hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I always enter in my workouts earlier in the day. I play volleyball 2x a week and we don't usually get done until 9 or 10 at night. I am not going to be eating more at that hour. So, I plug them in earlier and eat them for dinner.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Why not? Just adjust afterwards if you do more or less than expected.
  • Lizysmommie
    Options
    Okay great I will start doing that and maybe I wont feel so weak when it comes to workout time
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Yes, lots of people pre-post their entire day. For some, it helps them stay on track. Just do what works for you.
  • bobie1978
    bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Definately do what works for you!! Everyone is different!
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I find it easier to plan and log my meals and my workouts for the day first thing in the morning. It takes the guess work out of where I will end up at the end of the day. if things change during the day I make adjustments to the logs as needed.
  • nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Okay so I am very new to myfitnesspal and i have question that might seem stupid but oh well! I do Turbo Jam workouts everyday after dinner and the kids are in bed. MFP says that I burn about 700 calories after 45 minutes.

Just remember that MFP can be off by a lot of calories. The best way to get a better estimate of calories burned would be to get heart rate monitor
  • Stasha17
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam! I do Fat Blaster every other day before dinner. But Usually I intake most calories during the day for lunch. So I have enough enegy to complete the workout. Then something light for dinner, just enough to make my calorie intake and not hit starvation mode.
  • lucentabella
    lucentabella Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good idea to eat a little bit before you work out. Also (as already suggested), use your heartrate to determine your aerobic level.
  • Lizysmommie
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will def. go and buy a heart rate monitor i didn't even think about doing that!