Car advice

Options
mostein
mostein Posts: 200 Member
Does anyone follow the regularly scheduled maintenance for their vehicles? I got a Mitsubishi Outlander almost 4 years ago and it has a 10 year / 100 000 km warranty which I innitially thought was great until I realized all the cash I have to fork out on the services every 6 000 km. I have to go for my 48 000 km check and it is going to cost me $650! Does anyone know if you have the vehicle serviced elsewhere if it voids your warranty or any loop holes surrounding some of these services?

Replies

• JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    NO just make sure they follow the manufacturers guidelines for maintenance and keep a copy of the receipt. Many people have work done elsewhere when it's basic work/upkeep.
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    Why is it costing you so much for upkeep? What do they do to your Outlander when you take it?

I don't think it would void a manufacturer's warranty if the service is done elsewhere but double check your policy.
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    what JDMPWR said. he knows his stuff. they will try to screw you out of warranty if you have an issue and don't have the receipts. my sister ran into that. complete bullcrap. just like insurance. and a warranty is like an insurance policy. i'm not at all bitter today am i?
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Ya they are probably hosing you on maintence. If the vehicle isnt maintained then it could void your warrenty. Check with your dealer and see if you service it else where if it voids your warrenty. 650.00 seems like alot, they must have replaced your brakes?
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    No and they can`t tell you that you have to replace any parts to maintain a warranty unless they provide them free of charge.

http://www.mlmlaw.com/library/guides/ftc/warranties/undermag.htm
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    DO NOT EVER GET ANY SERVICE DONE AT THE STEALERSHIP.. I mean Dealership, you can shop around to even oil change and tire places such as firestone and good year, Kwik Kar etc all do service..

No it will not void your warranty having it done somewhere else.