fat flush diet

Has anyone tried the fat flush diet? My coworker is doing it and I am thinking of doing it also, but wanted to get other input from any of you who have done it.

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    Fat doesn't "flush."

The only way to lose it is to force your body to use stored body fat as fuel. You do this by eating less calories than you burn over time.
  • I don't like fad diets. Do something you can stick with for the rest of your life. Don't do a diet to just help you lose weight. Do something you can do forever. Eat healthy, stay active.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Go for a lifestyle change, not a "diet". It's better to do this for the long term.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    The "eat less move more" fat flush? I know lots of people doing that and it's working great. There's a site called MFP that you could go to...oh, wait.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    It may work in the short term, but isn't going to give you lasting results unless you change your lifestyle! Plus, I find using water helps flush out excess water weight. And the "fat flush" may only be flushing water weight.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    You don't need a special diet with a catchy name to lose weight... and I agree with UponThisRock... you can't 'flush' fat.

Maintain a calorie deficit and exercise. Alas, that's really it.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    If you click on "Search", there was recently a post about the fat flush soup. Search it out, I think there were a lot of responses.
  • gaelichound
    gaelichound Posts: 3 Member
    I did it last year. Hated it. I was so friggin' hungry and I only lost 2 lbs most of which, I'm sure, was just water. Gained it right back too! The only way to do lose weight permanently is with a consistent nutrition plan, lots of exercise and even more patience. Best of luck if you decide to go for it!:smile:
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    I'm going to agree with everyone here. A fancy fad diet is unnecessary for weight loss. Just eat less energy than your body uses during the day. MFP does all the math for you in that respect. Follow it.
  • Is that short for "fat flush then fat come back"? ;)

I agree with other people that you need a lifestyle change. Not a quick fix.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    People claim they get results; it kind of a low carb thing in 3 phases. Consider:
    1100-1200 calories for Phase I (2 weeks)
    1200-1500 for Phase II (ongoing weight loss)
    1500 calories for Phase III (maintenance).
    It's a 30-30-40 Plan (30% protein, 30% carbohydrate, and 40% healthy fats.
    Keeping up with everything looks like a real pain. Also, they want you to buy their products for this and that like "detoxifying", and that's always a red flag with me.
    I just recommend people follow the simple plan on MFP.
    This is how MFP works
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/3-how-does-myfitnesspal-work

And Tips for Newbies
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/470367-tips-for-newbies

Just get started by going into settings to Update diet/fitness profile.
    Set your goals for 1 lb weight loss per week.
    NO MORE!
    And eat lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Do both cardio and resistance exercise.
    AND EAT BACK YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES!
    Remember, this is not a race, and you can reach your goals if you stick to a good plan as recommended on this site.

Forget all these nutty fad diets.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    It's just red chili!!!!!!!!! Just have some red chili!
  • Thanks everyone for your input!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    The name alone is pretty hilarious. Like adipose tissue is just floating around in our bloodstream and we can somehow 'flush' it out. :laugh:

I don't know anything about the diet itself but with a name like that I can only presume it's a fad specifically designed to make the naive part with some money in exchange for a quick fluid loss regime.

There is only one weight loss principle that forms the backbone of all diets that work: consume less energy than you use each day. Rinse and repeat.
  • From somebody who has actually TRIED this, I can actually answer your question instead of just blasting the "fad diets don't work" line.

I've did this a few years back and it worked but it was really tough to stick to. This isn't a "fad diet", it's a lifestyle and it's not for everybody. I will warn you that the first phase is the hardest but you feel great once you get through it. And this plan is based on healthy, whole, good food so you're not going to do any damage to your body.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    I piss chicken fat from time to time.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    From somebody who has actually TRIED this, I can actually answer your question instead of just blasting the "fad diets don't work" line.

I've did this a few years back and it worked but it was really tough to stick to. This isn't a "fad diet", it's a lifestyle and it's not for everybody. I will warn you that the first phase is the hardest but you feel great once you get through it. And this plan is based on healthy, whole, good food so you're not going to do any damage to your body.
    Glad to hear it worked....
    So, why are you here?

It worked...right?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • From somebody who has actually TRIED this, I can actually answer your question instead of just blasting the "fad diets don't work" line.

Glad to hear it worked....
    So, why are you here?

It worked...right?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm here because I had more children and really wanted the community support this time around. Don't judge me because you don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about this plan? Probably not. It's based on what we're supposed to do, which MFP backs up. Eating healthy whole foods and not garbage. So really, you can't go wrong....and with somebody who struggles with the basics of how to eat healthy, it's a good plan to show you what to do. I still use the principals of that plan in my daily eating habits.
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Everyone is right that "fad" diets don't work. That being said, there is nothing wrong with using a 'fad' or alternative eating plan short term to jump start your loss. On November 1, 2011 I did the fat flush AND was also doing in depth cleaning, moving furniture, etc., and I lost 8# in a week. I then continued on eating low fat, complex carbs, watching portion size and exercising and I've lost 34 total. I have a 1200 cal minimum set by MFP, and I am rarely hungry. I eat back most or all of my exercise calories, and if I go over on a day, oh well, it won't kill me. While this is a lifestyle change, there will be days when you cannot stick to any specific eating plan. So you need to be able to accept some variables and not let yourself get freaked out because you were over by XXX calories one day. Just eat healthy foods in moderation, and if you want to try the fat flush diet for a week or so, more power to you! A quick loss can be great motivation, and get you on the path to your healthier lifestyle. Everyone needs to find what works for them, and allow everybody else the same freedom. Good luck.

Thank you! I should have mentioned in my first post that it isn't really a 'diet', it's more of a detox from all the junk we put in our body. People don't neccisarily lose weight (although a lot do), but it flushes the toxins and gives us a good starting point of putting healthy food into us. I am really trying to eat healthier with whole foods, less processed sugars, and back to the basics of what we should be eating, so this seemed to be along those lines. My coworker did this years ago and said she lost inches in her problem places. She is doing it again, although she is like a size 4! She is doing it to get healthier and that's exactly what I want. I was hoping to get input from people who actually did it, so thank you!