Addicted to junk food

Options
Hello :)

My name is Rachel and I'm 21 years old and I'm 5'5" and I weigh 159lbs. I have been using MFP for quite awhile, but mostly do it on my phone. I have lost 50 lbs since May of last year and am so proud of myself. I was very unhealthy for a long time and I knew it was time to change. I have gone back and forth since then, and have really hit a halt at 159. Mainly, because, I love junk food. I'm a bored eater. After 7pm is my worst time. I just eat all night long and then go to sleep which is the worst thing you can do. I'm just not sure how to handle that. I thrive on other people being proud of me for losing weight and actually being able to do it. I am also very proud that I've been able to accomplish so much. I never thought that I would really be able to do it, but I have :) And it feels amazing. I

My favorite workouts are elliptical and ZUMBA!!! I'm kind of getting bored of the elliptical so I'm taking a little break and I just ordered Jillians 30 Day Shred. So I'm hoping that will help spur me on a little bit. But I think being on here and really keeping track and being able to talk to other people will help me as well. So anyone who wants to befriend me is welcome :)

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Me too. Eating is one of my favorite things!

I think you should focus on making food something that is not the center of your life. Keep yourself busy. Plan all your meals so you don't have to spend a minute extra thinking about it. Just like breaking any other addiction, you have to work at it! It's going to be a process, but don't be afraid of it! You need to make it your choice, and stick with it for long term success!

Breaking the food addiction can be done. I'm not there yet, but I"m getting better!