pain - soreness or injury

Options
Last Friday, I did a lifting class for an hour for the first time, and it really worked my arms. my biceps and forearm muscles were quite sore on Saturday and Sunday, but felt better this morning, so I went to a Zumba class (no toning weights or anything, but some arm movement) And now my bicep hurts more than ever, especially when i stretch my arm out. Is this just normal soreness or could it be something more?

I don't know if I can tell the difference between muscle soreness and pain from injury yet, any clues?

Replies

• Lydiabee_4
    Lydiabee_4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I"d say its just normal soreness.
    Try to up your protein intake to help repair your muscles quicker and don't work those your arms for a few days...
    However, if it doesn't go away within a few days, then I could go to the doctor. Better safe than sorry! =)
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Last Friday, I did a lifting class for an hour for the first time, and it really worked my arms. my biceps and forearm muscles were quite sore on Saturday and Sunday, but felt better this morning, so I went to a Zumba class (no toning weights or anything, but some arm movement) And now my bicep hurts more than ever, especially when i stretch my arm out. Is this just normal soreness or could it be something more?

I don't know if I can tell the difference between muscle soreness and pain from injury yet, any clues?

pretty normal. especially if its your first time or just begining.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I have been lifting weights on my own for a few weeks and I thought it was just regular soreness, but it seemed weird to me that it would hurt even more after some light cardio, when soreness usually feels better with light exercise.

And I have been eating around 100-130g of protein on days I work out, I can't imagine eating more than that...
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    My favorite pain reliever is Arnica gel.

I have found, as I get older, my soreness is super delayed. It used to be the next day, now it is two days after the workout!

Give it 3 or 4 days and see if it improves.