Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In January 28

Another Monday, another week ahead of us. Let's all support each other to meet our goals and become healthier, happier people together!

Yesterday I rode my bike for 36 min at a moderate pace, did the Prevention: Drop It With Dance DVD, & I drank all of my water. So far this week (my week starts on Friday) I've filled in all of my squares. I'm afraid I'm getting my boys cold though so I'm not real sure what I will do if I start feeling as bad as they got. The 3 year old seems to be at the worst of it, the 1 year old is pretty much over it. Should be an interesting few days with hubby out of town! Pray I stay well enough to take care of everyone here!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Another Monday, another week ahead of us. Let's all support each other to meet our goals and become healthier, happier people together!

Yesterday I rode my bike for 36 min at a moderate pace, did the Prevention: Drop It With Dance DVD, & I drank all of my water. So far this week (my week starts on Friday) I've filled in all of my squares. I'm afraid I'm getting my boys cold though so I'm not real sure what I will do if I start feeling as bad as they got. The 3 year old seems to be at the worst of it, the 1 year old is pretty much over it. Should be an interesting few days with hubby out of town! Pray I stay well enough to take care of everyone here!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Niccole I completely understand the cold issue. My little one has been battling a cold for almost a week now & I keep telling myself I WILL NOT GET A COLD! Easier said than done, I know! I hope your little ones feel better soon!

I just finished the Biggest Loser Cardio Max 50 minute workout. Sunny but cold here in NY. Everyone have a wonderful day!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Hope all stay well - and well enough to exercise.

Today I'm up early to go to strength training class. I thought of a new thing I want to do - go to a gym class every day for a week, and someday I'll try spin. This week I'm skipping town on Friday, but I'm going to try until then. I usually don't like the dance type classes, so I'll stay away from them (Nia or Salsa type stuff) - but anything else I'm willing to try - you never know, you might find your calling.

Yesterday, went for a walk and bike ride with husband (30 min each) and did 2 hours of gardening.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    I didn't do so well this weekend. I had planned to work on my car and burn calories but my little boy was sick yesterday, and he just wanted to be held all afternoon. I felt so bad for him. :frown: He's a little better today. I might go for a walk in a little while if it's not raining and then I'll do some upper body. Still not feeling like doing much today and want to eat, but I have to lose 3 pounds in the next two weeks to meet my goal!
    Hope everyone has a blessed day!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Hi ladies. . .

So, this week, I'm changing my strength training stuff. I talked with a trainer friend who helped me find a website with what she called a "hard core upper body" thing for two days a week. (My doc is worried I'm not having enough recovery time, as yoga works those muscles, too, and I'm doing it on my "off days") So, I'm actually excited about weight training today.

So, my new schedule is: Weights: Upper body/abs M/F Lower body W.
    Spinning: T/R/S (60 minutes)
    Yoga: Sunday (optional day off) and Wednesday.

Also, I'm going to try to get back to dance class on Mondays.

Sorry for all the details, but I need to be accountable to you fine people. :wink: and myself.

Happy Monday:flowerforyou: !
    Niccole, I'm sending immune system prayers your way! Hope your little ones recover quickly.

p.s. here's the link for the weight training stuff. It seems like a pretty good site overall.
    http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/weighttraining.asp
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    not checked in for a while but i have been keeping active changed my routine slightly I used to have weekends off but I am struggling to get up early to use my elliptical trainer as I am so tired through the week (I am slightly anemic but I can't take iron tablets so diet is the only way to fix the problem) now I use the elliptical sat and sun afternoons and tues and thurs either morn or evening I also do core fitness dvd 3 x a week mon wed fri. also 7x a week 1hr walk pushing 45 kg in pushchair.

weigh day tomorrow feel quite good about it hoping to have lost 3+.

Good luck everybody
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    I don't know if I will be working out today. I had all these goals to get done today and then I got a migraine. They knock me out pretty good. I guess I will have to wait till tomorrow to get back on track. :grumble:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    30 min on gazelle.

Had a super busy day on my feet and am exhausted. I'm meeting some coaches in the morning to swim & maybe run too. It has been just warm enough for the snow to melt and re-freeze each night, so things have been really slick. I need to run, haven't in two weeks.

Hang in there Niccole! :flowerforyou: :smooched: (those are get well kisses for the little ones!)