Sore Ribs?

I have started the 30 Day Shred. Today was only Day 2 of Level 1. I am really pushing myself. I am obese (5'8" and 244lbs). Today after doing the workout I noticed that as the day goes on my ribs are getting more and more sore. At first I thought maybe it was my abs , but no, it is my ribs. Has anyone else had this happen? It doesn't hurt to breathe or anything. Just curious why my ribs would be hurting. Could it the muscles underneath?

Replies

• cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    I am having same problem. I started doing 6week 6pack by Jillian, and my left lower ribs hurt. I think I will be taking a break until next week to let it heal out.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 856 Member
    yes! Its the muscles between your ribs. When i first started taking cardio kickboxing classes the same thing happened to me and i couldnt figure out why i hurt, at first!

Great job! Stick with it!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    yes! Its the muscles between your ribs. When i first started taking cardio kickboxing classes the same thing happened to me and i couldnt figure out why i hurt, at first!

Great job! Stick with it!

ooh so if it is a muscle, than I guess i'll continue with it. I just didn't want to overdue it. I am doing 30dayshred, 6week 6pk, and body revolution.
  • loragp
    loragp Posts: 19 Member
    When I do an intense ab workout I get the same soreness. My ribs feel bruised for a couple of days (the 2nd day after the workout is always the worst) and then it starts feeling better. I'm not a doctor or a trainer but I really do believe it's the underlying muscles that are sore. As much as I complain about the pain, I embrace it because I know I gave it my all. (Is that strange? :tongue: )
  • I did 30 Day Shred level 2 and my abs are killing me.
  • AnnaBri
    AnnaBri Posts: 2
    Yeah, I get that when I do intense work outs. Its your lats and intercostal muscles. You're good!