I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW INSENSITIVE MY HUSBAND IS

Options
naugustyniak
naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
He is VERY unsupportive of my food choices and exercising for weight loss. I fix my meals and fix him and the kids their own stuff so he shouldn't have anything to complain about. Anyway, what does he do? He stopped at the Hostess outlet on the way home and bought me not one but two Angel food cakes. He does this crap all the time. I told him I didn't appreciate his constantly trying to sabotage my weight loss...his response "get used to it". Luckily he is going out of town on Monday....in the trash they will go. :explode: :explode: :mad: :mad:

Replies

• naugustyniak
    Options
    He is VERY unsupportive of my food choices and exercising for weight loss. I fix my meals and fix him and the kids their own stuff so he shouldn't have anything to complain about. Anyway, what does he do? He stopped at the Hostess outlet on the way home and bought me not one but two Angel food cakes. He does this crap all the time. I told him I didn't appreciate his constantly trying to sabotage my weight loss...his response "get used to it". Luckily he is going out of town on Monday....in the trash they will go. :explode: :explode: :mad: :mad:
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    That really sucks!

Stay strong! You can do this.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options

THAT'S WHEN YOU JUST TACKLE THEM... MY HONEY DOES THE SAME THING!!! I IGNORE WHAT HE BUYS AND STICK TO MY FOOD!!!
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    The funny thing is angel foodcake isn't all that bad for you, there's little calories in in, same with fat. I bake one every week, that's my "indulgence" I put fresh strawberries on it, delicious! ZERO guilt involved.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I am so thankful my husband is 100% supportive. He even walks with me at night after he's worked hard all day. :heart: Cindy
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    I would just say next time why not buy me a jelly or ice lolly :heart: instead or I will throw anything fattening :grumble: in the bin :noway:.
    You stand your ground girl and prove to him that you can do it :tongue:.

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have forgotten how to fly"
  • naugustyniak
    Options
    The funny thing is angel foodcake isn't all that bad for you, there's little calories in in, same with fat. I bake one every week, that's my "indulgence" I put fresh strawberries on it, delicious! ZERO guilt involved.

Maybe homemade isn't that bad but this stuff is AND he bought two and it's not just this, he does this all the time. Twinkies (I LOVE THEM), cupcakes....basically anything Hostess. He just does it to see if I will cave.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Every time he does this just say thank you and turn around and throw it in the garbage right in front of him or just keep giving them away and make sure he knows this. Eventually he'll get tired of his little game and stop.

Stay strong:drinker:
  • naugustyniak
    Options

THAT'S WHEN YOU JUST TACKLE THEM... MY HONEY DOES THE SAME THING!!! I IGNORE WHAT HE BUYS AND STICK TO MY FOOD!!!

He would consider that foreplay!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

dump him
  • naugustyniak
    Options

dump him

workin on it
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Work on yourself. Remember "Don't let a wishbone grow where your backbone should be!"
  • Annika
    Annika Posts: 55
    Options
    Is he overweight by any chance? One of my friends had a roommate who would do this same sort of thing to her...we finally figured out it was because she was jealous. I'd stop making special meals for everyone else. Your kids might complain a little, but you're their Mom, they have to listen to you, as for dear husband, what's fair is fair - if he's not being supportive of your life style, do you need to be supportive of his?
  • naugustyniak
    Options
    Is he overweight by any chance? One of my friends had a roommate who would do this same sort of thing to her...we finally figured out it was because she was jealous. I'd stop making special meals for everyone else. Your kids might complain a little, but you're their Mom, they have to listen to you, as for dear husband, what's fair is fair - if he's not being supportive of your life style, do you need to be supportive of his?

He's not overweight but he is an alcoholic and a 2 pack a day smoker so you may have something there since I am getting healthy. As far as cooking, I am also a vegetarian and would not force that on my kids. I really don't make unhealthy stuff for them, just things with meat usually and I don't eat it. I really wouldn't mind the cooking thing if he would just be supportive of my choices. Usually meals are food for them with something I eat, like salad or pasta or something along that line. I am just tired of his sabatoging my efforts by bringing home sweets since he knows that is my downfall....I am counteracting that right now by eating an apple...just pluggin along....btw the heavy bag downstairs usually gets punched on big time after this type of thing, so in a way he is helping me by making me made so I work out instead of eat.:frown:
  • mlmanney
    mlmanney Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    maybe he just wants to keep you the way you are (regardless of what you want) so that he can keep you the way he wants you to be...you know the ol'...if you look better and feel better maybe you might move on to someone else...or someone else will see that you have alot ot offer.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    My family wouldn't stop keeping snack foods off the kitchen counter in plain sight. I'd repeatedly asked them just to keep it in the cupboard. I just had to start throwing it away and they learned. I didn't get mad or even say anything, but if I came home and there was junk food out, I'd just throw it away. I didn't care if they were standing there or not. If they protested, I'd just apologize and say "sorry, but I just can't handle having this out right now".

It worked.

I think the next time he brings crap home you should thank him politely and then walk to the nearest trash can and toss it. If he asks what you're doing say "honey, I really appreciate the thought, but I'm just not strong enough yet to eat this sensibly so I can't have it around" Don't be snippy or get mad, treat it as if his motivation was honorable even if you think he's a sabatour.

He'll get it.
  • turtle31
    turtle31 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Atleast his only buying you snacks. My husband seems to think that someone told me I was cute or getting skinny since I'm tryinig to get serious about my weight loss. Why do I have to be accused of cheating to lose weight? What a weirdo, but I love him anyway.:noway:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    What the heck is with these useless-sounding husbands? Makes me never want to get married. I'd probably smack him upside the head with an angel food cake for saying that. :explode: I think you should tell him that if he's not going to be your partner in this, he's not going to be your enemy either, and you're just going to ignore his childish behavior and throw out whatever he buys. I'd just put it through the garbage disposal immediately. Along with his socks....
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Work on yourself. Remember "Don't let a wishbone grow where your backbone should be!"

DANG....I like that saying.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    adios loser...do it for yourself-i'd like to smash him. no more sex for him....:frown: