Kind of a strange success story!

Options
I have to admit, I've been really irritated that I can't seem to get rid of these last 4-7 pounds. That's kind of been my goal as it will get me back into my size 4/2s. Now I'm in a baggy 6.

I lift weights...so I have acknowledged and come to peace with the fact that I will be around 10 pounds more than someone else in a size 2/4.

So like every morning, I'm at the YMCA on that silly little front facing bike and a woman that I have known for 6 years comes up and said, "Enough is enough. You can't loose anymore weight because you are going to loose your shape. Men really don't think being a twig is attractive." I told her I needed to loose at least 4 more pounds to get into some skirts and jeans that I would like to wear again. She said, well no more than four pounds or you won't look very good. She told me what a wonderful figure that I have and much more weight off would ruin it.:noway: Maybe she's on some sort of pain medication that clouds her judgement. :laugh:

This lady is the bluntest women that I've ever met. She's 55 years old (looks much younger...believe me, I hope that I age this well) and she's from Turkey (she's been here for 25 years though.) She will tell you that you're fat or too thin, or look tired or look good. So, not that she speaks the Gospel...but isn't it nice to be told that you need to stop loosing weight especially some one that speaks their mind? What a trip. :smooched:

I don't post much here, but I just want to let you know that if I can do it...anyone can. Have faith...I consider and have unsuccessfully lobbied the FDA so that chocolate could be it's own elevated food group. :love: :heart: :love:

Seriously. I used to weight 220 in 2004 after the birth of my son. I just gained about 20-29 pounds back last year that I have been trying to get rid of. I guess it's off???

Replies

• mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, I've been really irritated that I can't seem to get rid of these last 4-7 pounds. That's kind of been my goal as it will get me back into my size 4/2s. Now I'm in a baggy 6.

I lift weights...so I have acknowledged and come to peace with the fact that I will be around 10 pounds more than someone else in a size 2/4.

So like every morning, I'm at the YMCA on that silly little front facing bike and a woman that I have known for 6 years comes up and said, "Enough is enough. You can't loose anymore weight because you are going to loose your shape. Men really don't think being a twig is attractive." I told her I needed to loose at least 4 more pounds to get into some skirts and jeans that I would like to wear again. She said, well no more than four pounds or you won't look very good. She told me what a wonderful figure that I have and much more weight off would ruin it.:noway: Maybe she's on some sort of pain medication that clouds her judgement. :laugh:

This lady is the bluntest women that I've ever met. She's 55 years old (looks much younger...believe me, I hope that I age this well) and she's from Turkey (she's been here for 25 years though.) She will tell you that you're fat or too thin, or look tired or look good. So, not that she speaks the Gospel...but isn't it nice to be told that you need to stop loosing weight especially some one that speaks their mind? What a trip. :smooched:

I don't post much here, but I just want to let you know that if I can do it...anyone can. Have faith...I consider and have unsuccessfully lobbied the FDA so that chocolate could be it's own elevated food group. :love: :heart: :love:

Seriously. I used to weight 220 in 2004 after the birth of my son. I just gained about 20-29 pounds back last year that I have been trying to get rid of. I guess it's off???
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It is a success story and goes to show how hard we are on ourselves. I think it is almost tougher when you are used to being tiny and wearing small sizes.

Congrats to you and maybe this woman is right, I notice women tend to look older when they are super lean especially in their face so if she is still rocking in her 50's that is awesome!

Keep up the good work and try going by how you feel not what that darned scales says:smile:
  • mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It is a success story and goes to show how hard we are on ourselves. I think it is almost tougher when you are used to being tiny and wearing small sizes.

Congrats to you and maybe this woman is right, I notice women tend to look older when they are super lean especially in their face so if she is still rocking in her 50's that is awesome!

Keep up the good work and try going by how you feel not what that darned scales says:smile:

Yes, this lady is absolutely beautiful and shows no harse signs of age AT ALL. You're right. Guess I had better listen to her.

AMEN about the scales. Love your dogs! Life is better with puppies!:heart:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    yes, this is a success story. You look great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!