NSV - I just had to share.

Options
In 2003 I visited Crater Lake for the first time with my dad. I was over 250 Lbs and really out of shape. It was a gorgeous day and I remember enjoying myself, but I also remember struggling. For the last half mile he practically had to coax me to keep going. We snowshoed to the first overlook, Discovery Point. It is 1.3 miles from the parking lot. It took us almost 5 hours to get there and back. My dad was so patient and wonderful. He stopped whenever I needed to gasp for breath and suck down 1 of the 4 liters of water I carried with me. It was a good trip, but I was so out of shape.

Yesterday I got back from my second trip to Crater Lake. I am still over 200 Lbs but all my work actually made a difference! I for the first time in 35 years I could easily keep up with my dad! We hit Discovery Point in less than an hour! After eating lunch we even went on to the 2nd lookout, Wizard Island Overlook. All in all in less than 4 hrs we shoed 4.6 miles and I was able to ENJOY IT! I actually never had to stop before my dad did! I never bent over gasping, I only drank half of my water, and when we were done I could have gone on!

It feels AMAZING!!

Yay MFP!!

Replies