Protein questions

Options
I started working out with a personal trainer last week. As part of my assessment, he suggested I eat more protein. (I know...I know.....Personal trainers aren't nutritionists, but I could see that I was under in protein goals most days, so I was willing to try his suggsetion.)

Saturday was my first day eating more protein. Saturday is my rest day, and I really struggled to hit 1,100 calories for the day. I felt full and not the last big hungry. Sunday was even worse. I typically have been eating all my exercise calories back. I worked out (burned 500+ calories per my HRM) but had to leave about 180 calories on the table.

Again today I felt very full all day, even after my workout - which is odd fo rme.

So some questions:

1. Is this normal?
2. Is this a good thing? A bad thing? No big deal?
3. Is there anything else I should be doing? Should stop doing?

(Off to open up my diary in case anyone cares to look.......)

Replies

• bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    It's pretty normal. Protein is super filling. If it's worrying you or you feel like you need energy but aren't hungry, maybe try a happy medium. (Between the protein before and the protein when it's bumped up.) Good for you for getting more protein in, though! It's a big change on your stomach but will definitely help you stay full, as you've already discovered.
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'd say normal, too.

I'm a carb-addict, so I try to balance it out with protein and fiber, as I know they'll fill me up!
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I knew protein was filling, but I didn't realize it was THIS filling! I will keep on keeping on then........